276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Paul O'Grady's Country Life: Heart-warming and hilarious tales from Paul

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He will be greatly missed by his loved ones, friends, family, animals and all those who enjoyed his humour, wit and compassion,” the professional ballerina said.

Any fan of Paul O'Grady will know of the love he has for animals so it will come as no surprise to find out he shares his home with a multitude of pets.The 65-year-old is also an advocate for animal rights, and often speaks out against animal exploitation and cruelty.

O’Grady’s life-long love of animals also saw him branch out into presenting different styles of programming, among them Paul O’Grady’s Animal Orphans, which aired between 2014 and 2016 and saw him visit Africa to meet baby animals. Stand-up comedian, author and television and radio presenter Julian Clary also lives in the village. Because I was brought up on the farm, and I thought if I ever get a few bob – never mind the fancy cars and all that – I’m gonna get a bit of land and a cow. But Paul really loves his country life with his furry friends by his side, and even wrote a book about it. His mother’s maiden name was Savage – which is believed to have inspired his famous drag alter ego, Lily Savage.

The much-loved presenter passed away “peacefully” on Tuesday evening (March 28), his husband Andre announced in a statement. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, you are spoilt for choice for walks there, as well as along the nearby Royal Military Canal or along Dymchurch beach. In his book Country Life, the star said there’s a “real learning curve to living in a rural community”. All that stems from my love of the farm when I was a kid in Glinsk, it never goes away stuff like that.

O’Grady’s partner Andre Portasio said in a statement: “It is with great sadness that I inform you that Paul has passed away unexpectedly but peacefully yesterday evening. His Dad was born into the Grady family in Ballincurry just outside Glinsk, and moved to England after struggling with farmwork, later discovering he had tuberculosis (TB). Other sweet photos show goats and baby cheetahs, and his latest addition to his animal family - three llamas.Grief doesn’t happen immediately, it hits you after a while, because you’ve got all the funeral and the fuss, then when that dies down you find yourself on your own, with time to contemplate what’s happened,” he said.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment