276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BenQ Zowie XL2566K 24.5 Fast TN in 360Hz Gaming Monitor, Motion Clarity DyAc⁺, 1080p, XL Setting to Share, Custom Quick Menu, S Switch, Shield, Smaller Base, Adjustable Height & Tilt, Black

£314.995£629.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

How can I make Variable Refresh Rate (Adaptive-Sync / FreeSync Premium / G-Sync Compatible) work on my monitor? Upon examining across the refresh rate range, the High mode emerges as an excellent choice, maintaining performance in the 3 to 4ms range right down to 60Hz, with acceptable levels of overshoot. This provides a single overdrive mode experience as well as elite speed, resulting in a highly optimized configuration, particularly below 240Hz.

Although you need a high frame rate camera to really see it in detail, the Zowie XL2566K’s motion performance in competitive-level FPS games is noticeably sharper than 360Hz IPS screens. For human beings in real-time, the result is having a smidge smoother and sharper imagery where even small-moving objects are rendered that bit clearer. The difference is miniscule, but major world championships have been decided by less. Compared to typical IPS 360Hz displays, DyAc?™ on a TN 360Hz panel provides clearer and sharper outlines of overall moving images, helping you focus and have less distractions from the unwanted afterimage of the motions in-game. I want to accompany this previous paragraph with a (pretty obvious to some, but I’ll mention it anyway) disclaimer: this won’t make you an aiming God if you’re coming from a 240Hz monitor, or a good 360Hz IPS monitor. The difference isthere, and this is the smoothest and clearest panel I’ve ever used for gaming so far, but we’re talking razor-thin margins here. Margins that can and will matter for people who are very serious about their gaming, but small margins regardless.This is what settings like Overdrive adjust – BenQ calls it Advanced Motion Acceleration (AMA). But, if you apply too-little or too-much charge you can get ghosting (smeary ghost images trailing on-screen objects) or inverse ghosting and overshoot (blur that leads on-screen objects and edges that continue to move after an object has stopped), or both. We have also provided some comparisons of the motion clarity in the DyAc+ mode compared with other gaming screens and their respective motion blur reduction modes. With the high 360Hz refresh rate, super-fast TN Film panel, and well implemented strobing mode, the BenQ delivered the clearest and sharpest images in these tests.

Calibration and profiling can produce very good results if you have a suitable calibration device and software. This was profiled to 2.2 gamma, 6500k colour temp and to the sRGB colour space. You can see the recommended OSD settings above and our calibrated ICC profilefor this display is available now for our Patreon supportersand will be added to our main database in the coming months. General and Office With that being said: as far as TN panels go, the XL2566K offers a very nice image. It required some tinkering for me to get to my preferred color settings, but once I arrived there I found it to be very passable, and it’s worth noting that the default picture setting is a lot better than what I found on the XL2546K, meaning that you can basically use this monitor straight out of the box.We weren’t able to take response time measurements during the demo we had of the Corsair screen, but we know that being an OLED panel the actual pixel response times should be <1ms G2G consistently, with no overshoot. The interesting thing here is that this is a 240Hz OLED panel, but because of those super-fast near-instant OLED response times the real-world perceived motion clarity is very similar to the 360Hz LCD screens we’re talking about here. Generally an OLED has a 1.5 to 1 ratio in motion clarity to a good LCD (i.e. 240Hz OLED x 1.5 = 360Hz LCD). Some settings can be adjusted to suit individual preferences and this includes the AMA (pixel overdrive) setting. Indeed, the XL2566K comes with presets labelled Premium, High and Off, along with a 30-step customizable slider. Premium achieves a fast response time but inverse ghosting is noticeable. High offers a better blend and will be used by many players. However, it’s so easy to adjust the overdrive settings and see instant results (there’s no change-related lag) that tweaking everything is recommended. We found settings between 11-18 represented a sweet spot where response time and inverse ghosting coexisted well, before causing issues.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment