276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stories Jesus Told: Favourite Stories from the Bible

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He said to them, “Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don’t you put it on its stand? For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. If anyone has ears to hear, let them hear.” “Consider carefully what you hear,” he continued. “With the measure you use, it will be measured to you—and even more. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.” I tell you, when this man went home, he was right with God. The other one was not. Everyone who puts himself up in a high place will be brought down to a low place. And everyone who puts himself in a low place will be brought up to a high place.' Again he said, “What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth. Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade.” Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins[a] and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” The life, ministry, death and resurrection of Christ formed the foundation of Christianity and its teachings, its theology. Yet Jesus didn’t teach theology as it’s taught today. He taught like a playwright or a poet. He used metaphor, simile, parable, overstatement, and dramatic action.

Jesus told His followers a story of ten virgins who went out to meet a bridegroom. Five were fools, and five of them were wise. The foolish ones took their lamps with them, but they did not take any oil. The five wise women carried extra oil in jars. In fact, the Bible shows that storytelling was Jesus’ favorite technique when speaking to the crowd: “Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable” (Matthew 13:34).Stories are a powerful medium for children – narrating the stories of God can help in developing your child’s imagination and cognitive skills. To enhance these and other varied skills, consider getting fun subscription boxes for kids. The activities put together in these kits will engage your child in fun-based learning that will work wonders for him/her. The parables of the Embarrassed Guest the Luncheon for the Poor and the Slighted Invitation (Luke 14:7-24) also show God’s goodness, but emphasise that we ought to respond with humility.

The parables of the Hidden treasure, Pearl of Great Price, Yeast, Mustard seed, Household Treasures, Sprouting seed, and the Dragnet, (Matthew 13, Mark 4, Luke 13) picture the very great value of the kingdom ofGod, and its universal nature Do not let the worries of the world get in the way of your relationship with Jesus. 19. The Crucifixion After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” God has entrusted each of us with resources to use in the furthering of his kingdom of love. We each have been called to invest the resources we have been given so they can grow and multiply.Matthew 25:14–30For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard. When Jesus had fed the five thousand, He made His disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of Him, and He went up onto a mountainside to pray. When it was evening, the boat had reached the middle of the ocean and Jesus was the only one on land. He saw the disciples fighting against the wind because it was too strong. Later, He went out to them, walking on water. Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment