276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Panasonic DMW-BLK22E

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Approx. 440 images (rear monitor), 470 images (LVF), 1,500 images (Power Save LVF mode*) with S-R2060 The S5 offers 95% of what I expect. A higher resolution EVF? Nice to have but not the big issue. Full sensor read-out at 4kp60? That would be a game changer. Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 30 minutes in [C4K/60p] [C4K/50p] [4K/60p] [4K/50p] [4K-A/50p] [C4K/4:2:2 10-bit] [4K/4:2:2 10-bit] [4K-A/4:2:2 10-bit] [4K/4:2:0 10-bit] [4K-A/4:2:0 10-bit] [S&Q]. The body of the Lumix S5II is water resistant so can survive a spell of bad weather and keep going (Image credit: Jon Devo) Another key upgrade for the LUMIX S5 II includes Active I.S., but what is the difference between Active I.S. and familiar boosted image stabilization modes that we’ve seen before? Active I.S. utilizes the power of an entirely new image processor, co-developed with Leica. Active I.S. deploys algorithms that can detect and anticipate camera motion, particularly when the camera operator is also moving. The S5 II can monitor the 5-axis of motion and prioritize intended movements while suppressing unwanted movement that is likely to negatively impact picture or video quality.

Lumix DC-S5 II / DC-S5 IIX initial review Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 II / DC-S5 IIX initial review

While Sigma also makes e-mount versions for Sony bodies, Canon owners currently miss out on third party mirrorless lenses with autofocus, giving its rivals a key advantage. Because you can not directly compare a camera that came out seven months ago to a camera that came out years ago. The rewards they receive is a function of the state of the industry At The Time They Were Reviewed. Gear always matters, sometimes you might not have what you need and you make do and deal with the results. That one time, really?" Anamorphic 4K] 3328x2496 (4:3) 25.00p, 150Mbps (4:2:2 10-bit LongGOP)* / 100Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, LPCM) *HLG is selectable. Notice how the camera does a good job detecting my eye in almost full profile and also how the S5 II now avoids the distracting pulsing of the DFD system previously used for continuous AF. But also notice how when I turn away or am more distant, there’s no specific head or body detection in this mode. The Face and Eye mode is really for concentrating on face-on portraits.The Lumix S5 features the same 5-stop, 5-axis in-body stabilisation as the larger S1 and S1R models, and this increases to 6.5 stops of compensation with stabilised lenses. (Image credit: Panasonic) Note the Sony A7 IV has some speed restrictions when shooting in RAW: you’ll only achieve 10fps in compressed RAW if using a more expensive CF Express memory card. The speed drops to 8fps when shooting compressed RAW onto SD, and slows further to 6fps if you switch to uncompressed or lossless compressed RAW on any card type. Lumix as a brand has been affected by the perception that its DFD Contrast detection AF simply isn’t fast enough. The S5 attempts to challenge this with an updated AF system that benefits from smarter algorithms and improved processing. At launch it outperforms the other S-series cameras, although a firmware update is being rolled out across the system to bring the others up to the same speed.

Lumix DC-S5 II - Review 2023 - PCMag UK Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 II - Review 2023 - PCMag UK

Contrast / Highlight / Shadow / Saturation / Color Tone / Hue / Filter Effect / Grain Effect / Color Noise**** / Sharpness / Noise Reduction / ISO / WB Now here’s the S5 II shooting with its electronic shutter at 30fps, again with approaching bikes using Face and Eye detection. It’s certainly managing to keep the subject in focus across most of the frames here, and gives the S5 II a speed advantage over the Sony A7 IV which only offers 10fps whether using its mechanical or electronic shutter. Canon has however taken the lead in speed here with 40fps electronic bursts on the R6 II, although in practice you’re unlikely to miss much at 30fps. C4K] 4096x2160**** 25.00p, 150Mbps (4:2:2 10-bit LongGOP)* / 100Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, LPCM) *HLG is selectable. This test compares the amount of random noise generated by the camera at different ISO settings as a proportion of the actual image information (the 'signal'). Higher values are better and we expect to see the signal to ratio fall as the ISO is increased. The X-H2S has a slightly higher resolution 26.1-megapixel APS-C sensor, while the LUMIX GH6 has a 25.2-megapixel micro-four-thirds sensor. Due to their smaller sensor sizes, both rivals can do internal ProRes 422 HQ recording and 4K/120p video.There’s a new DMW-BLK22 battery, which I would have happily done without. Although it performs well and in some cases will outlast the battery in the larger Lumix S1, it’s just frustrating to have a system that doesn’t share batteries across the range. This is especially annoying when the S5 makes for such a perfect additional camera if you are an existing S1 or S1H owner. Oddly, the new battery is however compatible with the GH5/G9, so you can use it in those cameras if you own them – but you can’t use their batteries in the S5. The camera handles the exposure of these Tokyo towers well against the bright sky. 18mm, f/5, 1/1600, ISO1600. (Image credit: Jon Devo) Panasonic Lumix S5 II Lab results Above: Panasonic could have stopped there but generously decided to include a bunch of features from higher-end models that will delight videographers, starting with the impressive inclusion of a waveform monitor which you can also drag around the screen by touch. Waveform monitors are like advanced histograms, revealing the tonal range for different parts of the frame as opposed to the entire image in one go.

Lumix S5 long term review: Small, capable, and Panasonic Lumix S5 long term review: Small, capable, and

The Lumix S5 can capture a maximum 4K/60p 10-Bit 4:2:0 video with a data rate of 200Mbps. If you need greater colour depth, 4K/30p 10-Bit 4:2:2 video is also available internally. 10-bit video is limited to 30 minutes recording, but there’s no wait time to begin recording again. There’s no time limit on any of the other video recording modes. Stereo/Lens Auto/Shotgun/Super Shotgun/Manual is selectable when attaching DMW-MS2 (sold separately).The S5 II uses a 24MP BSI CMOS sensor with 5-axis stabilization, in line with similarly-priced cameras like the Nikon Z 6 II and Sony a7C. The sensor supports a native ISO 100-51200 sensitivity range, and offers extended settings down to ISO 50 and up to ISO 204800. You can set the camera to snap 8-bit JPGs or 14-bit Raw photos, but Panasonic doesn't include 10-bit HEIF support despite that format's increasing popularity on hybrid cameras. Sigma 60-600mm Sports, 186mm, f/8, 1/200-second, ISO 320 What people overlook (and I have stated that a few times here ...) is the ever increasing importance of AI. I would not rule out the great progress Pany has made being almost entirely attributable to AI - if you can predict "where" an object will be in the - say - next 1/60s, then AF accuracy becomes really exciting. The Lumix S5II has two separate SD card slots for alternate or simultaneous recording. (Image credit: Jon Devo) Use a card with SD Speed Class with ""UHS-I / UHS-II UHS Speed Class 3 (U3)"" when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K], [MOV], [S&Q], [6K PHOTO] or [4K PHOTO].

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment