276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jakes Rakes 12 inch pond weed rake + 20m rope

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It can also be used to improve line lay to your hookbait; specifically where there is debris that may lift the line making it more obvious to feeding fish browsing about a baited spot. If you’re looking for a practical, unfussy lake rake, Outdoor Water Solutions’ model is one of your best options. Weighing only 7 lbs. and made of rustproof, powder-coated aluminum, this rake should prove both durable and fairly easy to use. Its 36-in head is wide enough for raking efficiently, and its rectangular teeth have beveled lips that are perfect for digging up roots. While the rake sinks naturally, it comes with a removable float that allows it to gather weeds floating on the surface as well as rooted at the bottom. Better than weed cutters as Jake’s Rakes are designed to dig down into the lake bed to remove the roots. Remove the root, remove the problem.

Adjust Your Rig: Opt for rigs like the chod or helicopter rig that are designed for weedy situations.Are Lake Rakes Always Good Choices? Rakes are great for smaller ponds and lakes, but may not be practical for large water bodies or extensive weed growth. Public domain. I couldn't find my weed rake last year, buried somewhere in a huge pile of junk that I have compiled over many years and cannot throw out and I was in a hurry to go fishing.. Stay Alert: Carp can bolt into dense weed beds when hooked, so be prepared to apply steady pressure to steer them away. What is the best rig to fish over weed? Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout We show you how to effectively fish the unfishable; a spot crawling with weed! This weed often grows in huge volumes during the warmer months, staying present right through until the temperatures drop off at the start of winter. Towering from the lakebed to the surface, the dense green stuff is an angler’s worse nightmare, often hindering rigs useless and creating a barrier when trying to play fish into the waiting net.

Material, Length & Width of Teeth The length and material of a rakes “teeth” is important for the best weed removal. Public domain.Avoiding or minimising disturbance is another issue with weedy lakes, and i’ve often found myself repeatedly casting until i can find somewhere clear to present rigs on. As such this is almost unavoidable, especially as i won’t be happy unless i know for certain my rigs are presented in clear enough spots to be fishing effectively. It can be a case that you just have to do it, but if i can, i try to map out swims when i’m not actually fishing if possible. Locate Clear Spots: Use a marker rod to find small clear areas amid the weeds where carp are likely to feed. A rake’s weight and the materials it’s made out of are also very important. Most rakes are made of steel, aluminum, or a combination of the two; some may include plastic.

All Jake’s rakes use the Jake’s Rakes pattern which is perfectly shaped spaced and tapered tines that produce a rake that out performs all others. Choose Buoyant Baits: Pop-ups or critically balanced baits ensure your bait is presented just above the weed. With both the braid and fluorocarbon I try to get as much line down as possible. This may mean threading around weed I can see, or even raking out a channel to my spot with one of the castable weed rakes. The most important part is the last few feet, and if I have that down, I find I can deal with the rest of my line lay, even if it means having it lying on top of the weed itself.Over 20 years of needing to remove pond weed from our ponds (Carleton Hill Fishery) has resulted in the perfect design and over 10 years trading as Jake’s Rakes. Jakes rakes are the most effective means of physically removing pond weed, such as Canadian pond weed, Potamogetan and other similar pond weeds. When comparing rakes with different teeth, make your decision based on whether you want to rip weeds out from the bottom, collect loosely attached or floating weeds, or both. Also keep in mind that rakes with wider heads and more teeth can generally collect more weeds with every pass, though they may also be heavier and more unwieldy. Rake teeth can vary significantly. Longer teeth can pull up deeper roots, but they may also stir up more sediment. Thin, sharp teeth are best for digging into the lake or pond bottom, while flatter, wider teeth have larger surfaces that help collect pieces of weeds. Some rakes have tapered tines that may bring the best of both worlds; others have teeth with beveled, chisel-like edges meant to tear weeds out of the ground.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment