276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seiko Men's Analogue Automatic Watch with Stainless Steel Bracelet – SNKE01K1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Like most Seiko dress watches, the lume of the SNKE01K is on the poor side. You really need to charge the lume with an ultraviolet light to get this watch to glow to its maximum brightness. Because the sparsely applied lume material, I find it a bit hard to read the time in total darkness.

I don’t really collect modern Seiko 5s and it’s not often that a particular model grabs my interest. But this one did. It’s the SNKE01K and is fondly dubbed as the “Poor Man’s Grand Seiko" or PMGS for short. What’s so interesting about this watch? Seiko is perhaps most known for making reliable and qualitative watches that will last a long time, at an affordable price.With that said, as Seiko’s popularity has grown, so have its collections and number of watches. Today, there are tons of different collections and countless models to choose from for all kinds of purposes and preferences. Therefore, there certainly is a Seiko watch for everyone. But which should you choose? Sitting on top of the case, we have Seiko’s proprietary Hardlex crystal. Nothing special here, and just what we expect from a watch in this price range from Seiko. In this article, we are looking closer at one of the watches from the Seiko 5 collection – specifically the reference SNZG13j1. The Seiko 5 line of watches is vast, including watches from a number of genres (dive, dress, military) with varying dial colors, case finishes and strap choices for each model. That said, you very well may be wondering “What makes a Seiko 5 a Seiko 5?” That’s a great question, and from researching the subject, I have learned that the 5 in the Seiko 5 name signifies five key components of any Seiko 5 watch found across the entire line. These components are as follows;The watch offers a water resistance of 100m/330 feet which is quite good for a watch in this price range that, additionally, isn’t even a dive watch. A military watch is not necessarily made for being underwater for longer periods of time, so 100M should do just fine for everyday wear. But with that said, this watch does not have a screw-down. It is a push-pull crown that is unsigned. Seiko Production Date Calculator - Jayhawk’s automated production date calculator for selected Seiko calibers!

If there’s one thing I know about Seiko, they have myriad models of Seiko 5s that many of them have short production market life spans. Seiko does produce their best selling designs for years and drop those that aren’t profitable. Therefore they move on and introduce new models to keep the market fresh.True enough, it worked like a charm. My SNKE01K immediately felt substantially heavier on the wrist but on the flip side, the watch now feels “bracelet-heavy". It feels like I’m more conscious of the weight of the bracelet than the Seiko 5 itself! Here are a two lume shots of this watch. Nothing to shout about, really. Adequate is more a befitting description. In terms of design, the case is simple, clean, and elegant. There’s nothing that stands out, which makes it similar to the designs of military field watches. A common issue with affordable dive watches is that the bracelet is often the part that is compromised with the most. Considering the price, this watch is no exception. But with that said, since it is exactly what we expect, it’s not a huge deal. The bracelet has some downsides which include rattle and a somewhat low-quality feeling. The SNZG13j1 is a sporty field watch with a tool-like design and a military-inspired vibe. This watch is particularly appreciated for being robust and long-lasting, whilst being extremely affordable. With that said, it is great value for money. With a price of just north of 100 USD, there’s no denying this is an affordable watch. But whilst it is affordable, it is not cheap. Don’t get these confused. And yes, whilst it is sporty, it is exceptionally suitable for everyday wear.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment