276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fireborn: Twelve and the Frozen Forest: The extraordinary first book in the thrilling new children’s fantasy series: Book 1

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So begins an exhilarating quest: a quest that sees Twelve and her companions venture to the Frozen Forest where they encounter terrifying dark creatures; where they come to depend on each other for survival; and, where they must battle to overcome the darkness that threatens Ember. They meet some other characters on their journey and learn some interesting facts about each other and themselves. This beautiful gift book, illustrated in full colour by Barry Falls, is divided into five sections: looking out of the window, venturing out into the garden, walking in the woods, investigating heathland and wandering on the river bank.

This was really dark for a children's book, and covers some intense topics including grief, murder and loss. She is a broken girl when we first meet her and it really is no wonder with what she has been through. In fact she is so good with them that no one wants to get too close to her, except unpopular Seven and her pet squirrel, Widge.We get to see Twelve learn and grow so much throughout Fireborn, both in terms of herself and who she is beneath the prickly exterior she shows the world, but also in her relationships with those around her. But when Twelve's new home is attacked, she'll find herself on an unexpected journey, where her hidden past is inescapably intertwined with her destiny--and the very fate of her world. Während dieses Abenteuers mochte ich besonders Zwölfs Entwicklung, da es ihr wirklich guttut, langsam Freundschaften zu schließen.

I also really enjoyed seeing Twelve grow and develop as a character throughout the book, shedding her hard edges and learning – little by little – to trust and love others again. After hearing a conversation that sounds like no one is going to go looking for the student, Twelve leave the confines of the Lodge and sets out to save her new friend Seven. There are some great messages here about teamwork, forgiveness, the ability to change, and helping others. She has no friends at the lodge, she feels as though she has no need for them as her mind is too full of hurt and violence to accept anyone else into her life. I love what happens in this story and maybe it’s because I like slight creepy/spooky things but there’s just something about the adventure that was so interesting.

After earning a BSc in Biology and working as a support worker and then a nurse, the idea for her debut novel, Fireborn, came to her as she moved back and forth between London and the US. Unsere Protagonisten sind wieder an ihrem Startpunkt, wo sie sich erstmal ihren Gefühlen stellen müssen. With plenty of adventure and a good dose of magic, intrigue, and friendship to boot, it really is perfect for anyone looking to fill a gap in their fantasy reading life! She has given up her name to train in the art of fighting monsters, and she won't choose a new one until she has earned it. But the path she's set on suddenly changes when a little girl goes missing and she decides to look for her with only Dog, the Stone Guardian of the Lodge, by her side.

But, my goodness, she is a fierce, fiery and courageous young girl whose past is haunting her, leaving her in turmoil. Fireborn is a fantastic read, exciting and gripping from start to finish, and I would recommend it to everyone regardless of their age. Today I want welcome you to my stop on the ultimate blog tour for Fireborn: Twelve and the Frozen Forest an absolutely brilliant middle grade fantasy book.Zusammengefasst freue ich mich schon sehr auf den zweiten Teil und bin ein riesengroßer Fan dieses tollen Auftaktes der Feuerblut Reihe. The adventure has you on the edge of your seat right until the very end, when the tension is cracked up to 300.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment