276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma Wired Gaming Pro Controller for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC: RGB Lighting - Remappable Buttons & Triggers - Mecha-Tactile Buttons & D-Pad - Trigger Stop-Switches - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While not a bad controller, you’re missing out on so many features for the sake of ‘competitive gaming’ when other gamepads have had similar functionality at a fraction of the cost, such as the Nacon Revolution Unlimited from a couple of years ago. You may be better off waiting for the official DualSense Edge if you want eSports-level play without sacrifice, or going third-party with the Scuf Gaming Reflex Pro. Both are cheaper than Razer’s, with the Reflex Pro allowing you to customize every component of the pad. Should I buy the Razer Wolverine V2 Pro? Buy if… My biggest problem with the Razer Wolverine V2 Pro is that you’re paying almost five times as much as the DualSense without getting a premium experience that matches the markup. Once inside the profile of your choice, you can map the six multi-function buttons to your choosing, as well as the standard View and Menu buttons. For the Chroma RGB lighting options, you can choose between a static color, a breathing effect, spectrum cycling, or no color at all. Similar to other Razer products that feature Chroma RGB, you can choose between 16.8 million different colors. Okay, so before we talk about the other features, I feel it’s appropriate to first gush about how good the buttons feel. Personally, I’m a big fan of the mechanical-style used in most of the buttons on the Wolverine V2 and it makes a noticeable difference in both gameplay and aesthetic feel.

No product is perfect, and the Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma is no exception. The most notable and obvious omission is wirelessness. As I mentioned earlier, Corsair owns the patent for wireless gamepads, which puts limitations on the tech's use. The Wolverine V2 Chroma comes with a detachable USB-C cable this time, although I'm not sure exactly why you'd ever want to detach it. Given that USB-C doesn't anchor itself into ports as well as Micro-USB does, I'm not sure this was the best choice. Overall, it’s a relatively straightforward piece of software that provides a decent amount of customization with an easy-to-understand interface. Your profiles and settings also automatically sync across the cloud, allowing you to utilize the same configurations between various Xbox consoles and PC with ease. My only minor gripe is having to manually switch profiles through the app instead of being able to toggle through them at the controller level. Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma – Gaming If you can look past the price point and can deal with losing DualSense functionality for the added precision, then the Wolverine V2 Pro may be for you. There are not too many controllers right now that occupy its space. Don’t buy if…Still, the V2 Chroma comes in cheaper than Microsoft's Xbox Elite Series 2 controller (although Microsoft's offering is wireless) and is a viable option for the competitive player looking for a highly customizable controller without having to worry about input lag. On the other hand, there's a lot to be praised in Razer's latest Wolverine. It's a fitting competitor to the DualSense Edge, and shows how truly beneficial extra buttons are. Moreover, it has some of the best battery life you'll find. Particularly if you like a chunky controller, this is a true heavyweight. The additional buttons can be configured fairly extensively using the Razer Controller app, free on Xbox and Windows 10/11. This app lets you assign various functions to the buttons, including the standard Xbox controls, as well as a few additional toggles courtesy of Razer, one of which almost feels like cheating. The Wolverine V2 Chroma features six additional multi-function buttons that can be customized to suit your playstyle. Two mini bumper-style buttons sit atop the controller, offset a bit from the standard left and right bumpers. I really enjoyed the placement of these buttons as they were both easy to reach and didn’t require me to retrain my brain to use them. I could honestly see a future in which these buttons become standardized on controllers as they feel so natural and at home next to the bumpers and triggers. And, this wouldn’t be a Razer product without some sort of RGB integration. The Wolverine V2 Chroma adds a subtle slice of RGB on the edges of the controller that adds a bit of customizable flair without seeming too obnoxious.

Speaking of face buttons, or as Razer refers to them – “Mecha-Tactile Action Buttons” – these are easily the most unique buttons I’ve used on a controller. Similar to those found on the previous Razer Wolverine Ultimate controller, these buttons are designed to be faster and require less actuation – or travel distance – than standard controllers. In fact, Razer claims they feature up to 40% faster actuation than other controllers. One of the big caveats to this controller is the fact that it can only be used wired, despite having a removable USB-C cable. While the cable itself features a generous 10-foot length, this definitely requires you to sit closer to your console, which may not always be possible depending on how far your entertainment center is from your couch or chair. Having virtually no latency is crucial for competitive play, and wired really is the best option for that, but not having an optional wireless or Bluetooth mode feels like a miss. The LT and RT trigger buttons come with a nifty toggle stop that reduces the distance needed to completely activate the triggers. This can be useful for games which don’t really need you to partially push down the trigger button. One aspect to note about this controller is that it’s quite a bit heftier than both the Wolverine V2 Chroma and standard DualSense controller. The Wolverine V2 Pro measures 167.5mm wide, compared to the DualSense at 160mm and V2 Chroma at 161.5mm. As far as weight goes, it’s 10g heavier than its predecessor at 280g, which matches the DualSense in weight, despite not having any internal haptics. Overall, the shape is much more similar to the Xbox controller than a standard PlayStation controller with a taller face and stubbier grips. Another thing you won’t find on most other Razer controllers is the Razer Chroma RGB lighting that adorns the faceplate of the Razer Wolverine V2 Pro, a feature only seen on the previous Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma. It looks nice but is a largely superficial inclusion rather than a standout accessory.I decided to test the Razer Wolverine V2 Pro in a series of different games available on my PS5 console, and that’s where I started to miss features from my DualSense. Getting deep into a chaotic battle in God of War Ragnarok didn’t have the same weight to it, with no rumble or resistance in the triggers. The same was true of The Callisto Protocol and other story-driven titles I tried out. Now, it’s far from the main focus of a pad like this, so if you’re considering getting this as a catch-all DualSense replacement, you may need to look elsewhere. With Chroma lighting on, battery life is a quoted 10 hours, and without, a full charge is said to last you up to 28 hours. I certainly found 28 hours to be the case, and even with lighting on it seemed to last longer than 10. Regardless, this has one of the best battery lives of all the modern pro controllers I've tested, and that shouldn't be forgotten. EU Declaration of Conformity for Abyssus Lite & Goliathus Mobile Construct Ed. Bundle (RZ83-0273).pdf Up top, there are some comfortable triggers, your usual shoulders, and two additional bumpers buttons. As is common for a lot of controllers these days, there are trigger stops, although only with one level. This brings me to my other issue with these buttons. They look fairly plush thanks to the texture scores through them, but they feel extremely firm to the press, which makes them yet harder to use. It's such a shame because had they been set along the grips, or even been a little less central to the controller's spine, it would have made a big difference. The additional bumpers, on the other hand, are fantastic and gave me extra functionality in HUNT: Showdown beyond other pro controllers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment