276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Emotion Code, The: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love, and Happiness (Updated and Expanded Edition)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Emotions influence our health, performance, wellbeing, motivation, sense of fulfillment, and decision-making skills. It’s important to understand and manage them. People make the mistake of essentialism when they misunderstand Darwin’s ideas about natural selection, or they make mistakes about understanding evolution or genetics more generally. This is discussed in a terrific book by Ernst Mayr, called What Makes Biology Unique? If you assume that a single set of genes are like little essences that cause the same characteristic in everybody, like brown hair, and that everyone who has brown hair has the same set of genes, that’s essentialism. And it’s not true. Most characteristics (not all, but most) are created by combinations of different genes – so more than one set of features can create a characteristic. This was Darwin’s great insight: a biological category is highly variable in its features. Natural selection works only because there is this variation within a category. A biological category like sex works the same way. People assume that there is a single set of characteristics that make you male or female, and that the boundary between male and female is firm in nature – that all the men are similar in some physical ways, and that men are never similar to women in those ways. Those wishing to expand their knowledge of emotions can take a look at these further resources, including a video explaining why suppressing emotions is a bad idea. Worksheets for Children

For example, some cultures have a concept of sadness, but it means something different than it does in English. Some cultures have more than one concept for sadness. Some cultures have other emotion categories that we don’t have an English. Exclusive dealers for E-Max electric scooters in Swindon, Marlborough, Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, Gloucester, Cheltenham and the south-west. Minter, A. (2014, February 26). What Is The Feeling Wheel? Retrieved from http://www.passionprovokers.com/blog/why-use-a-feeling-wheel Sacharin, V., Schlegel, K., & Scherer, K. (2012, August 13). Geneva Emotion Wheel Rating Study. Retrieved from http://www.affective-sciences.org/files/4514/6720/4016/Geneva_Emotion_Wheel_Rating_Study_Report_2012_08_11_2.0.pdfChanging Minds. (2016). Plutchik’s Ten Postulates. Retrieved from http://changingminds.org/explanations/evolution/plutchnik_postulates.htm

Sure. The reigning ‘common sense’ belief, which has also been the scientific belief for a long time, is that emotions are reflexes: our brains are born prewired with emotion circuits. Something triggers your fear circuit, say, like seeing a snake, and you react. The neurons fire, and then you have a specific change in your body: your heart races, you have a feeling of being scared, you make a facial expression that communicates that feeling like a wide-eyed gasping face, and then you freeze or run away. The most basic emotions are the primary ones: trust, fear, surprise, sadness, disgust, anger, anticipation and joy. Watkins, A. (2014, October 29). How Controlling Your Emotional Responses Can Improve Your Performance at Work. Retrieved from https://trainingmag.com/how-controlling-your-emotional-responses-can-improve-your-performance-work We ask experts to recommend the five best books in their subject and explain their selection in an interview.Did you know wrestlers have feelings? And knights. Even superheroes and ninjas feel sad sometimes! A fun reminder that we all feel big feelings sometimes. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” This documentary explores how trapped emotions, fears, anxieties, and unprocessed life experiences held in the human body become the source of physical change that ails us. This is the current world we live in. Now imagine a world where everyone is manifesting from their heart the perfect creation that’s inside each of us.

A study by The Greater Good Science Center suggests there are 27 distinct emotions – at least (Cowen & Keltner, 2017). And that does not even include combinations of emotions. I also talk about the emotion of ‘chiplessness,’ which in our house is the feeling of regret and desire, and also relief, of getting to the bottom of a bag of potato chips and realising there are no more. I don’t know about you, but I love potato chips. When I get to the end of a bag of potato chips, I usually feel relieved, but also sad, and a little bit guilty. I have to explain it to you with multiple words, so you understand all the features of my experience. But to my husband, or my daughter, I can just say, “I’m feeling chiplessness.” We use that emotion concept even at times when we’re not eating chips. Walking around with a mind full of confusion and uncertainty can make anyone feel sad or overwhelmed. This is especially true of clients and individuals who want to understand themselves or a stressful situation, but don’t know where to start. With a wheel of emotions, the client can browse the various emotions and pinpoint the specific ones they’re experiencing. 2. Outlines the personal sequential model As a first step, individuals can examine their emotions, understand what events and stimuli activate certain emotions for them, and the outcomes that tend to follow. For example, before a dinner party or similar social event, a human might feel “apprehensive” because they want to feel like they belong to a particular group. By understanding and labeling this emotion, the person might be less hard on themselves for feeling a bit nervous.If we didn’t process these emotions in our childhood or our parents weren’t there to help us with our emotions, there is a high chance that these emotional pains are still residing in our bodies.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment