276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Oxford Monster Disc Lock Yellow - Sold Secure Gold OF36M

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It boasts tough-as-hell full steel construction and a 120dB alarm, 14mm carbide reinforced locking pin, and is corrosion and ice-spray resistant.

best motorcycle disc locks Put the brakes on bike theft: The best motorcycle disc locks

In fact, using more disc locks doesn’t necessarily result in a linear improvement in security as some motorcycles are lifted into vans with the locks intact. The reason I know about the loudness is because when installing the batteries before using it, the locks emit a single 120dB beep that was so unexpectedly noisy I nearly fell off my chair. Thieves really don't like alarms, so if you can find an alarmed disc lock to suit your budget, it's worth going for. With that in mind, slowing down a criminal may be enough to send him on to the next bike, which is where a good deterrent or security accessory comes into its own. I’d far rather a thief was put off trying to steal my bike at a distance than getting up close before noticing the lock.But figures have shown that seven out of ten bikes aren’t locked at all, which is why the Met police urges riders to lock, chain and cover their motorcycles and scooters. The small size, durable build, and key replacement means you can get a lot of mileage and many years out of the HD Max (remember to stash the serial number that comes with the unit safely). Many will also come with a safety lanyard to remind you to remove it before you ride off – you would be surprised by how many people forget it’s there and get a rude awakening after just a few millimetres of their journey.

Oxford Monster Disc Lock Reviews Oxford Monster Disc Lock Reviews

As such, they tend to do poorly in our reviews so use a chain and lock for more versatility, and if you can, carry a cover with you too – you’d be surprised how effective this is at dissuading thieves. The padlock is 11mm (or 13mm if you choose the Pro version) giving the shackle super-strength despite its diminutive size. Some motorcycle riders have the same misguided belief that token deterrents will prevent their beloved machines from being stolen. It’s light too, tempting some people to carry it in their jacket pockets – probably a bad idea in the event of an accident, especially when these locks are small enough for under-seat storage, top box, or panniers. The Patriot from Oxford is a compact unit, using a mushroom-shaped hardened steel pin that goes through the brake disc and locks into a secure body.Our tests involve angle grinder attacks, 42” bolt-croppers, sledge hammer (unlikely as it’s noisy and awkward, but a good sign of the quality of hardening in chains), freeze spray and other tools such as pry bars, lump hammers, claw hammers, drills and hacksaws. I’ve set the alarm itself off for testing, and that thoroughly unpleasant experience highlighted this is one LOUD alarm. There are very few people with the iron nerves required to finish a cut in a potentially hostile situation with an alarm blaring.

Best Motorcycle Disc Locks 2020 - Knee Down Reviews Best Motorcycle Disc Locks 2020 - Knee Down Reviews

Disc lock reminder cable: There are two types of biker: those who have tried to ride off with their disc lock attached and those that will.We have highlighted seven of the best disc locks available on the market, with something to suit every need and budget. The information provided on this page is for editorial purposes only and not intended as financial advice. If you have to park your motorcycle outside and you can’t lock it to anything, fitting an Abus 8008 disc lock along with a quality motorcycle cover is about the best protection you can get.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment