276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gavin and Stacey Christmas Card | Funny Nessa Christmas Oi Tinsel Tits! Card

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Neil "Smithy" Smith ( James Corden) – Gavin's oldest and closest friend, lives in Billericay. Smithy grows jealous of Gavin and Stacey's relationship, and has a complicated relationship with Nessa. He fathers her child, Neil Noel Edmund Smith.

Stephen Brook and agencies (22 December 2008). "Gavin & Stacey to return for third series". Guardian . Retrieved 28 July 2013.

Transcript

Smithy: “I’ve been thinking about ending it all to be honest, suicide…big time. How many Nurofen would I need to finish me off?”

Corden appeared as the character again for 2016's Sport Relief, where Smithy campaigns to be elected as Sepp Blatter's replacement as the president of FIFA. Gavin & Stacey was directed by Christine Gernon who had previously directed other BBC sitcoms such as One Foot in the Grave. Acclaimed as both a hit and a breakthrough show for the BBC, it was the most nominated show in the 2007 British Comedy Awards. It won several awards, including the British Academy Television Awards (BAFTAs) Audience Award, and the British Comedy Awards Best TV Comedy Award, both in 2008. In 2019, Gavin & Stacey was named the 17th-greatest British sitcom in a poll by Radio Times. [2] Bryn: “It is, Gavin, it is, provided you remember the one golden rule, and I’ll tell you what, it took me a while to get my head round it. What it is, you have to start everything with ‘w-w-w-dot’. And the best thing to do is to think of something to help remind you, like with me now, I think of ‘whiskey with water’ which was my brother – God rest his soul – my brother’s favourite drink. But it could be anything. I mean, you could say… come on, three w’s. Um… ‘women… wearing wings’. No, don’t say that, that’s a terrible one.”Doris on dating] “The thing to remember is, don’t go giving him nothing on the first night. Well, no, not nothing. A kiss, a cuddle, a cheeky finger. Just don’t go selling the whole farm.” There was initial uncertainty over whether a third series would be produced. In an April 2008 interview, Jones said "We never intended to write a second series let alone a third. We don't want it to become predictable. We will see how the Christmas special goes and take it from there." Corden added: "We will write one if we can make it better. We have to be true to ourselves." [15] Corden and Jones completed the final draft of the Christmas Special by September 2008, although they ruled out writing the third series at the time due to pressures of other work, and repeating the wish not to produce a sub-standard script. [9] After the 2008 Christmas special premiere, BBC Three aired a making-of documentary about the special, titled 12Days of Christmas. [16]

Nessa on politics] “This is O-Bama alright? Not to be confused with O-Sama. O-Bama. O-Sama. Very different people, with very different ideas.” Harri Shipman (Gabriel Mitell) – Gavin and Stacey's eldest child, who was born shortly after the third series in 2010. The show was nominated for and won several awards throughout its run, with two notable wins being the British Academy Television Awards (BAFTAs) Audience Award, and the British Comedy Awards Best TV Comedy Award, both in 2008. Brynfor "Bryn" West ( Rob Brydon) – known as "Uncle Bryn"; Stacey's protective, naïve and eccentric uncle, and Gwen's brother-in-law. Bryn's brother, Trevor, Stacey's father, died prior to the time depicted in the series, and Bryn helped the family cope. He has a difficult relationship with his nephew, Jason, due to a seemingly disturbing incident on their fishing trip. It is occasionally implied that he is attracted to men.Corden and Jones wrote a Christmas Day 2019 special for BBC One. With 18.49million viewers, the broadcast in the United Kingdom was the most-viewed non-sporting event in a decade and the most-watched comedy in 17 years. [3] [4] [5] Synopsis [ edit ] Neil "the Baby" Noel Edmond Smith (Scarlett Humphreys; [8] 2008, Lewis Marchant; 2008, Rocco Romanello; 2009, Ewan Kennedy; 2009, Oscar Hartland; 2009, 2019) – Smithy and Nessa's son. He is named after Nessa's father and Smithy (who are both called Neil), Nessa's friend from Hear'Say ( Noel Sullivan), and Smithy's grandfather Edmond. In the episode of the christening, Gavin humorously says that Neil is named after Noel Edmonds, which Smithy gets annoyed over. Victims' families complain about Gavin & Stacey serial killer names". Heat Magazine. 2 January 2009. Archived from the original on 12 August 2012 . Retrieved 4 February 2011.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment