276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pulp Fiction 4K UHD [Blu-ray] [Region A & B & C]

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While this is not a UHD that is going to blow everyone away with a "wow" factor, it is a very stable and healthy image and one that offers a achieving a healthier, more complex appearance that satisfies all essential requirements for a shot-on-film picture making the transition to the UHD If you already have the bluray and are not a fan (per se) then I can image you will be perfectly fine without this new release. Don't misunderstand me: the 4k isn't bad at all, the bluray is just already very good. However only the 4k has the special features mentioned above.

There's camera ringing, and at times it's quite heavy. There's perspective distortion and lens distortion. Edges of shots curve. I think this is due to the lenses used, but if that's incorrect, please let me know in the comments. Also, with the camera ringing, there's also color bleeding. Film grain is light and very consistent apart from one scene. Official synopsis: Critics and audiences worldwide hailed PULP FICTION as the star-studded movie that redefined cinema in the 20th century. material promised a new transfer on the Blu-ray, what is included appears to be identical to the 2011 Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.

Pulp Fiction Review

Dialog volume I found to be slightly inconsistent. It reminds me of the way Christopher Nolan does sound. He lets dialog breathe in the scene, and that means that dialog can be captured at different volumes. I felt this really only affected the start of the movie, however. It's like "sound over distance" is being simulated here, which makes the audio more believable. I won’t bother with a plot recitation, since I’m sure you’re familiar with it if you’re reading this review. If you’re wondering what the fuss is all about, I would even recommend Pulp Fiction as a blind buy in this new 4K Ultra HD release from Paramount. The only bummer about it is that they didn’t use the iconic theater poster art on the front of this SteelBook. Plot: What’s it about? Video: How does it look? Audio: How does it sound? Supplements: What are the extras? The Bottom Line Plot: What’s it about? pulp fiction reservoir dogs the big lebowski no country for old men fargo 1920x1200 Animals Dogs HD Art

Production Design Featurette– David Wasco, Production Designer, and Sandy Reynolds-Wasco, Set Decorator give us their insight on the design of the film. Though this might have been ripe for a new Dolby Atmos mix, Paramount has taken the same DTS HD Master Audio from the Blu-ray. Dialogue, which is a staple of Tarantino’s films, sounds crisp and rich. Trust me, there’s no better way to hear Jules’“preaching” than in pure, uncompressed sound. The surrounds also came into play much more than I expected. Little things like a motorcycle starting up or a crowd of people talking (when Butch hits Marcellus with his car). If those opening credits don’t get your heart rate into triple digits, I’m guessing nothing will. Supplements: What are the extras? In terms of image quality, this is the best Pulp Fiction has looked since its original theatrical run. Sure, any 4K Ultra HD disc can promise that, but not all of them have delivered, such as Terminator 2’s excessive use of DNR to create a plastic-looking image.an instant yet endearing classic... making big studios sit up and take notice of smaller independent R-rated features once again Cannes Film Festival – Palme D’Or Acceptance Speech(5 minutes): Unsurprisingly, Pulp Fiction made a huge splash at Cannes, and this is Tarantino’s acceptance speech for winning the grand prize during that year’s festival.

Not the Usual Mindless Boring Getting to Know You Chit Chat (43 minutes): This is an extra that was created for the 2011 Blu-ray. It features Tarantino and the cast reuniting to discuss the film and its legacy. Can I design desktop wallpapers? Yes, you can! You do not need to be a graphic designer for you to do this. All you need to do is to know how to save images as wallpapers, and there you go! You will have a wallpaper that suits your needs and preferences.It's a relatively front-heavy mix, with limited surround sound. The surrounds play a supportive role. I'm fine with that. It won't win surround sound awards, but it's still a fine sound movie. It doesn't show off. It's fine. Production Design Featurette(6.5 minutes) Production Designer David Wasco and Set Decorator Sandy Reynolds-Wasco talk about how they developed the look and feel of the movie.

MOVIE THOUGHTS: Quentin Tarantino's masterpiece? I think so. What a great movie. I love it and a great addition to my 4K collection. Charlie Rose Show(55.5 minutes): It’s a shame Rose proved himself to be another man who couldn’t behave himself around women, because he always conducted great, in-depth interviews. Here’s one of those with Tarantino. right, but when looking at the grading directly compared to the old Blu-ray, the improvements are substantial.Paramount Home Media releases Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction (1994) on 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray on Dec. 6, 2022. The upgraded film is available in both a standard plastic edition and Limited Edition SteelBook, each with a second copy on 1080p Blu-ray and a code to redeem a Digital Copy. Each disc contains legacy special features, but the Blu-ray houses much more bonus content than the 4k Blu-ray. Why am I pointing out source errors and inconsistencies first and not the transfer? I just used the word error. Now, depending on your perspective, you may not think that these are errors. This is really the charm of film. Much like film grain, yes, it's an artifact of film, but so is everything that I listed above. So, it depends on how you personally feel about these film artifacts. I'll talk a little more about this later because I want to talk about the actual transfer itself.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment