276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Reolink 4K PoE CCTV Security Camera System Ultra HD, 4X 8MP Outdoor PoE IP Cameras and 8CH 2TB HDD NVR for Continuous Recording, Smart Person and Vehicle Detection, Night Vision,RLK8-810B4-A

£219.995£439.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In my academic pursuits, I earned a BSc in Information Systems Design from UCLAN, before advancing my learning with a Master’s Degree in Computing. This advanced study also included Cisco CCNA accreditation, further demonstrating my commitment to understanding and staying ahead of the technology curve. If you want to review some specific footage, and have identified roughly the time you want to look at, this is the best method in my opinion. App

The quality of the video for both cameras has been excellent for my needs and based on the price of the cameras. Then, if you want to reduce the CPU load, you can use /h264Preview_01_sub or /h265Preview_01_sub under the sub-stream settings which will be used for the motion alerts. With the 5MP camera, you have a resolution of 2560×1920 which gives a 4:3 aspect ratio, so more square the wider the 16:9 that 3840×2160 offers. You can, of course, manually change the resolution to 2560×1440. The biggest issue I have, which all of them do, is certain objects will trigger false positives. The clothes drying on the washing line in windy weather is a particularly bad trigger for all my cameras. Price and Alternatives

Customer reviews

For this review, I used some microSD cards as well as Blue Iris. I have not used a Reolink NVR so can’t comment on what the experience with that is like. The web interface has been updated from the other cameras I have reviewed. In particular, the live feed now works in Chrome natively without having to mess around with flash. The object detection works well, I would say it is maybe not quite as accurate as Eufy or Sentry AI (with Blue Iris), but it is close. With the 4K camera, I am getting a lower quality feed from the camera, I am currently trying to work out if this is an issue with Blue Iris or the Reolink camera not supplying the full resolution stream. Web Interface If you are using Blue Iris or other homemade NVR solutions, many of these offer advanced object detection which bypasses the features on the cameras. I personally use Sentry AI on my server. Overall

Viewing the clips can be slow, sometimes loading it is instantaneous, other times it just hangs for a while. If you root around the camera settings enough, I think it had all the settings that are available via the web version.Oddly, by default, the 4K model was set to 2304×1296 for the resolution. To achieve this resolution it actually crops the shot, which in turn changes the overall field of view considerably, being much narrower than I had expected. For recording, you can filter by any motion, person and vehicle which therefore significantly reduces the clips you need to work through if you want to find something. The RLC-510A which is facing into the street actually stays in colour most of the night, we have quite strong bright lights, but the sensor does seem to offer better low light performance than other affordable cameras I have used.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment