276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dalmore 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On the nose; Straight away, images of caramelised banana followed by a strong pineapple upside down cake presence. The Dalmore 12 year old is aged in bourbon barrels for the first nine years, after which half of the remaining spirit is aged for an additional three years in sherry butts that previously held Matusalem Oloroso sherry, while the balance continue their aging in previously used bourbon casks. Matusalem is a type of Oloroso sherry that is sweetened by the addition of a little Pedro Ximénez (PX) sherry, which is produced from partially raisinated grapes and is intensely sweet and syrupy. To qualify as a Matusalem, the sherry must be produced from a solera with a blend averaging at least 30 years old. The name is derived from Methuselah, the grandfather of Noah, who, at 969 years of age, was the longest-lived person in the Old Testament. Tasting Notes We deliver to a number of international destinations including the USA. Please use the 'Change Location' link above for an estimate in your local currency or find out more about international delivery

The following indicators should be taken as only a guide and not a set of hard and fast rules. Some "premium" whiskeys really are quite terrible, while some mass market products are good enough to pour into a decanter and serve to the Duke of Edinburgh. A+: A masterpiece and one of the ten best whiskeys of its type. Above five stars. The Dalmore 12 is another delightful addition to The Dalmore name and is a younger brother to the The Dalmore 15. The Dalmore 12 is aged for the first nine years in American white oak ex-bourbon casks after which half of the spirit is aged for an additional three years in rare and aged oloroso sherry casks. It is bottled at 40% AB. With water to open it up a tad, it became more savoury for me, with no smokiness, but more unburnt charcoal.

Consider this similar product...

A fresher sweetness than the Lagavulin 16 that I marginally preferred. It was that of a tropical or pineapple nature, rather than a honey, Demerara, molasses or sugar sweetness, but not as fresh as say, the sweetness of a crisp apple or pear.

B and B-: Good and above average. The best of the mass market whiskeys fit in this category, as do the bulk of the premium brands. A B- is three stars. If it took me on a steam train journey through the hills and lochs to get me to the pineapple upsidedown cake, which sadly wasn't lightly christened with any cinnamon, nutmeg or dusted chocolate that I so wanted to experience from this, I'd have probably marked it higher than the Lagavulin 16, which I scored an 8.5. pdf) Imperial Blue Whisky Price In Pune | Imperial Blue 180ml, 375ml, 750ml, 1lit Whisky Price In Pune The Dalmore has a number of notable firsts. It was the first single malt exported from Scotland (to Australia) in 1870. For much of its history it has been ranked among the largest distilleries in Scotland. Its current production capacity of 4.2 million liters of pure alcohol still places it among the top quartile of Scotch whisky distilleries.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment