276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Labyrinth of the Spirits (Cemetery of Forgotten Books)

£32.375£64.75Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No lo entiendo, realmente no lo entiendo. ¿Por qué o para qué Zafón convirtió una saga con aspectos tan interesantes como el misterio o el realismo mágico, en una historia lenta y simple atiborrada de partes innecesarias como el caso de este libro? Me duele mucho que esta tetralogía que inició con un gran libro como lo es La sombra del viento tenga que finalizar de este modo: El laberinto de los espíritus más que un libro se asemeja a una telenovela populachera. En este momento me gustaría viajar al pasado para recomendarme a mí mismo solo leer el primer volumen porque aunque me conmovió la historia de Fermín, la de Alicia y la de ese ser tan hermoso llamado Isabella, creo que no vale la pena encariñarse con personajes tan encantadores cuando la historia no tiene la magia de sus protagonistas; magia que inicialmente tenía el argumento, pero que fue perdiendo poco a poco tras cada volumen de manera imperceptible en el caso de El juego del ángel, pero desbordadamente en los últimos dos volúmenes. Fueron más de 2000 páginas que disfruté pero que a la vez me dejaron insatisfecho y con coraje por lo que pudo ser que tristemente no fue. También me duele porque leer esta tetralogía fue una de mis metas para este año, debido a que en el 2017 conocí, leí y me atraganté con La sombra del viento pero extrañamente nunca continué la saga. Ante esa anormalidad en el final del 2019 prometí leer los cuatro libros y esperaba que todos tuvieran la misma calidad del primero, pero desafortunadamente eso no es así y aunque cumplí mi meta no se siente igual cumplirla. Gente, lo que están a punto de ver no se lo pueden contar a nadie...bienvenidos al Cementerio de los Libros Olvidados. ♡ Lawson, Mark (14 Sep 2018). "The Labyrinth of the Spirits by Carlos Ruiz Zafón review – a colossal achievement". The Guardian.

Otro detalle que no me gustó fue la conversión de un lugar tan mítico como El cementerio de los libros olvidados en un lugar ordinario. Durante los cuatro libros su sola mención me emocionó y me llenó de ansias por conocer revelaciones sobre este lugar, pero mientras más avanzaba más noté, que desafortunadamente uno de los mejores aspectos de esta tetralogía, simplemente fue usado como escenario para una serie de acontecimientos y nada más. Zafón no aprovechó la magia que envolvía este lugar y, al igual que los libros que se encontraban allí, solo quedó en el olvido. El mayor problema de este volumen no son los elementos creados por Zafón, sino la forma como los empleó. To those same people, if they managed their way through THE ANGEL’S GAME and THE PRISONER OF HEAVEN—both entertaining in their own right, but far less exemplary embodiments of story—I strongly urge you to envelope yourself in LABYRINTH and not only complete the journey, but revel in its intricately intertwined story threads, teased out by a master storyteller at the height of his powers. LABYRINTH is utterly immersive, and whether you love or hate the characters (and if you don’t love the irrepressible Fermin Romero de Torres, you are either 1) dead, in which case I applaud your ability to continue to read, and implore you to teach me your secret; or 2) someone on whose chair I’d very much like to plant a whoopee cushion), you’ll get lost in the twisting, mysterious streets of a Barcelona that simultaneously exists in the past and never existed. The Labyrinth of the Spirits (original title: El laberinto de los espíritus) is a fiction novel by Spanish author Carlos Ruiz Zafón. This is the fourth and final book in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books series. [1] [2] The novel was initially released on 17 November 2016 in Spain and Latin America by Planeta Group. HarperCollins published the English translation by Lucia Graves on September 18, 2018. [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] The book was translated into more than 36 languages. [9] Plot [ edit ]Special thanks to my Patrons on Patreon for giving me extra support towards my passion for reading and reviewing! Y por último, y no menos importante, mi parte romántica esperaba que hubiera un final más feliz para Alicia. No solo que al final encontrara paz, sino también alguien con quien compartir su vida. Pet Rat: Rovira to Leandro. The former is directly on the latter's payroll as opposed to being an official agent of the secret police, so that he can commit even more brutal extrajudicial violence than even Franco's already notoriously corrupt agents will allow. El libro conjuga a la perfección todos los personajes de los anteriores libros con nuevos personajes, algunos de ellos muy buenos, como nuestra protagonista principal Alicia Gris, otros no tan relevantes y algunos que pudieron ser prescindibles.

Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Both Mauricio Valls and Leandro are described as having a scholarly, bookish appearance due to their glasses. Both men orchestrated the mass murders of dozens of families so their children could be sold to high-ranking government officials, and Valls spent a large portion of his life as the warden of a political prison where he sadistically tortured inmates to vent his own frustrations at not having been given more power in the Franco regime. What Does She See in Him?: Fermin invokes this to Daniel regarding Bea. As the book goes on and Daniel becomes more bitter, neurotic, and withdrawn, Fermin points out that he's becoming someone unworthy of her affection. Alicia has similar thoughts while fantasizing about Bea, although she also contemplates life with Daniel herself. Artistic License – Biology: Julian Carax is described as having a full beard in old age, despite his entire face and body being covered in third degree burns. Third degree burns destroy the layer of skin that contains hair follicles, so there's no way he could have facial hair.

Hendaya and Valls. The former is a corrupt cop who thinks nothing of resorting to torture and murder to get what he wants, the latter is a former prison warden who arranged for innocent men to be imprisoned so Valls could force them to ghost write books for him. Valls takes it even further by orchestrating a plot of mass-murder targeting families with children of an adoptable age so that their kids can be gifted or sold to high-ranking politicians. David Martin. Early on it's confirmed that he died at some point between The Angel's Game and this book, but his imprisonment and torture are one of several factors motivating the revenge plot against Valls. The Cemetery of Forgotten Books is a series filled with well-written characters that are deeply flawed and complex. Daniel Sempere, Fermin, Bea, David Martin, Alicia Gris, many more characters I refrain from mentioning to avoid spoilers, and I’m happy to say that their respective stories reached a proper closure here. All of the characters throughout the series, one way or another, played an irreplaceable role in this maze of lives and destiny. The characters have become so real to me that the appearances/mentioning of their names sparked invoked a reaction; I was scared for them, I cared about their journey, and during their pursuits of better lives and truths, the heartbreaking revelations they stumbled upon… hurts. When the memories buried under mountains of silence resurface and act as a harbinger of pain instead of light, my heart actually broke together with the characters; I was stunned. No le he hecho ni le hare justicia a este libro ni a nada del autor jamás, pero en serio denle una oportunidad. No se arrepentirán. Lleno de frases inspiradoras, escenas que te harán llorar y personajes inolvidables, El Laberinto de los Espíritus es su propia historia y a la vez el final que esta saga merece. The Labyrinth of the Spirits is a masterpiece more than worthy of sharing a shelf with its bestselling predecessors, The Shadow of the Wind, The Angel’s Game and The Prisoner of Heaven. For those who have read Zafón’s earlier novels, some loose ends are finally resolved. Readers’ one regret will be that Labyrinth is the last in this ingenious cycle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment