276°
Posted 20 hours ago

One Enchanted Evening: The uplifting and charming Sunday Times Bestselling Debut by Anton Du Beke

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The plot moved along well for the most part, there were a few times where it dragged slightly, especially at the beginning, but then there is an event (no spoilers) and the entire story just shoots forward at a fantastic pace that is maintained throughout. I loved that the romance element was not obvious from the get go and slowly developed into what it became. I also appreciated the fact that the book ended where it did with their relationship. The revelation about Helene was also interesting, and the fact that it was hinted at early in the book meant that I had an “of course” moment.

A couple of chapters in and nothing had really hooked me in but I gamely powered on as I like the author so much. However at over 30% and staring down the barrel of another 6 hours estimated reading time, I've decided to bail out here. As Strictly‘s longest running professional dancer, achieving a remarkable decade in dance on tour with his professional partner Erin Boag, and as a much sought-after personality and presenter, Anton is the perfect author to lead the reader to the dancefloor as never before. In March 2007 Du Beke was a contestant on the BBC Two series The Underdog Show and was paired with homeless dog Ginger. They were eliminated in week three of the competition. [ citation needed] Trip the light fantastic with this gorgeous, exciting and evocative historical tale set in the 1930s written by Strictly Come Dancing superstar, Anton du Beke.Norfolk, Pam (23 August 2022). "We'll Meet Again by Anton Du Beke: Nostalgia, suspense, romance and intrigue – book review –". www.lep.co.uk . Retrieved 5 October 2022. For a first novel this flows beautifully and it should come as no surprise that the action centres around the dance and dancers of a top London hotel's ballroom. It also looks at the secrets which all the main characters hold close and how they deal with the good and bad things life throws their way in a time which was itself in the first turmoil of great change and tragedy. I doubt the novel would work as well as it does if read as a stand-alone, with much of the enjoyment coming from seeing how far the characters who came to life in the first novel fare in the second. And with another instalment in the pipeline I can only recommend readers follow this one from the start! The deco decoration at the start of each chapter sets the scene for the ball room and grand hotel where all the action occurs. I enjoyed reading about Raymond de Guise in his first outing and had been looking forward to this follow up, however this second novel felt somewhat rushed and I didn’t feel much for any of the characters this time around. Anton Du Beke has revealed he spent three days in hospital after he was stabbed in the stomach and the leg by his father on Boxing Day while he was living at the family home in Kent.

The professional dancer told host Garraway: “I can’t really believe I’m talking to you about this. I should’ve glossed over this. Weekend Break with the Stars of BBC Strictly Come Dancing". www.donaheys.co.uk . Retrieved 5 October 2018. Although his mother encouraged his new hobby, his father, Antal, “took a turn” against Du Beke as alcoholism gripped him.Whether you're a fan of historical fiction or a fan of Anton himself for his beautiful dancing etc then you'll love this book - give it a twirl and take a waltz down memory lane - you shouldn't be disappointed!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment