276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gilboys 'Pure Gold' Premium Beeswax Furniture Polish (125ml)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not to be confused with oil based finishes that are convertible coatings (they dry to a hard finish) such as Tung, Linseed and Danish Oil. Historically antique furniture will have been kept in homes where the windows and doors are regularly opened allowing the furniture to maintain its natural moisture level with free flowing air. You can gently sand it with 320 grit sandpaper and give it a second or third coat if you so wish, then wax it. Use the included open-weave pure cotton buffing cloth to buff the wax with ease and without leaving streaks. An open-weave cloth reduces the heat from friction that would melt the top layer of wax and cause smearing. It looks like it has a satin, melamine lacquer finish which needs only to be wiped with a damp cloth and dried. These finishes are designed to be almost maintenance free. Applying a wax paste to this will leave an uneven, potentially streaky finish.

Made in the UK from the highest quality natural waxes to create a deep lustre and protect your furniture: I enjoyed this product so much I'll be purchasing it for my parents and husband's parents for Christmas, since they have many wooden antiques too! We have developed our beeswax furniture polish to such a fine blend that you don't necessarily have to polish again for at least a year and possibly up to three years.This beeswax polishing kit contains everything you need to restore, polish and protect the finish of your wood furniture: Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry our polish didn't have the desired effect you were hoping for. The above also applies to old 20th century furniture that have been finished with cellulose lacquers and varnishes (film coatings).

The images clearly show the original finish on these oak chairs has deteriorated so much that it is now flaking away. Now I must say that it is not always that obvious your finish has started to do this, especially on furniture that has only had a very thin finish in the first place. We formulated our furniture polish to revive old, tired finishes and to protect and preserve antique furniture. We committed to using only the highest quality natural ingredients and no petrochemical solvents. We carefully selected the best natural waxes for their particular functions in the task of protecting the finish while highlighting the stunning beauty of the wood below.

Application

So mineral oil based polishes are fine for using on bare wood and on food preparation surface areas.

This complete furniture polishing kit contains everything you need to polish and protect all types of wood furniture. Made in the UK. metres of furniture restorers recommended ultra-soft '0000' grade oil-free wire wool for perfect application The finish is almost always a full grain finish, meaning that there is no texture to the surface, it's smooth to the touch like a piece of glass. For this reason natural paste wax polishes such as ours, wont do anything for the finish. The wax needs to bond with the surface and dry. It just can't do this on a slippery lacquered piano surface.

Petroleum jelly is also another cheap ingredient often used to create a paste wax polish. It won't dry on the surface very well, but with the ‘ wax on wax off’ method it won’t really matter as you wipe it straight off! Slip-resistance rating R12 (Good)*. Tested in accordance with BS 7976-2 / UKSRG Guidelines and DIN 51130:2004 standards on Maple, Teak, Pine, Sapele, English Ash, English Oak and Iroko wood flooring.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment