276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Butterfly Room: An enchanting tale of long buried secrets from the bestselling author of The Seven Sisters series

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Butterfly Room is a sweeping multi-generational saga of long held secrets, devastating despair and second chances. Riley’s writing is rich and engrossing. Her characters are convincing. En el presente Posy se enfrenta a la difícil decisión de si vender la propiedad de su casa familiar “Admiral house” ya que al ser una mansión con un gran terreno requiere mucho mantenimiento y ella no cuenta con el dinero necesario ni con la fortaleza física para acometer las tareas necesarias. Asimismo durante este periodo Posy se reencuentra con un antiguo amor que acabó bruscamente y sin que ella llegara a conocer el motivo. ¿Podrá a sus 70 años volver a sentir las mariposas en el estómago? ¿Sabrá finalmente por qué se quebró su historia de amor?. To her amazement her first novel, Lovers and Players (1992), following the loves and show business lives of three girls, old university friends, won her a three-book contract from Simon and Schuster, launching her writing career. Her third novel, Enchanted (1994), was a weepie about a gifted ballerina triumphing despite the cruel rivalry of her step-sister.

Lucinda Riley, who has died of cancer aged 56, became a prolific author of bestselling works of romantic and historical fiction, filling airport bookstores the world over, after giving up a promising career as an actress. the dress—a shimmering cream 1930s vintage piece that covered the lumps and bumps that age had brought, and didn’t make her look like a ship in full sail. Esta lectura para mi ha sido el típico caso de: “No eres tú soy yo” y es que el libro está escrito maravillosamente bien, las historias están hiladas y no se queda ningún cabo suelto. Los personajes están bien perfilados, pero… más de 500 páginas son demasiadas para lo que termina contando. The final novel in the series, The Missing Sister, was published in May this year and went straight to the top of book charts around the world. She decided to devote herself to her children and her new husband, with whom she had two more children, and for the next 10 or so years she concentrated on being a wife and mother.The Seven Sisters is a story about humanity: love, family, joy, loss, fear and pain. And above all, the one gift that is more important than any other, and has kept us humans alive throughout unbearable suffering: HOPE.

I went into this story completely blind - as is normal for me. I sometimes find reading the synopsis can be off putting or give away too much so I won’t spoil the book by giving too much away but I trusted in Lucinda as a talented writer and she most definitely delivered the most captivating, multi-layered and heartfelt story one could hope for. Lucinda Riley is the writer of the wildly popular THE SEVEN SISTERS series, which I have not yet read. In retrospect, I wish I would have started there as my introduction to this author rather than this standalone. THE BUTTERFLY ROOM is a fine (longish???) novel, but I think my problem was with its characters. They did things to each other, and kept things from each other, that felt false and unrelatable. Lucinda Riley (May She Rest In Peace) is the Queen of storytelling. Every single one of her books I have read has been incredibly engaging; She could make the most mundane story a joy to read! Not that this story is at all mundane - far from it!Partea cea mai puțin interesantă pentru mine a fost copilăria lui Posy în Admiral House și leitmotivul care dă titlul romanului, camera cu fluturi. Posy are o relație minunată cu tatăl său, pilot în război, iar pierderea sa îi va marca întreaga existență. Relația cu mama sa devine aproape inexistentă după moartea tatălui său, aceasta rezumandu-se la câteva scrisori în decursul a mulți ani. Însă prezentul lui Posy este cât se poate de interesant. Aceasta are 70 de ani, este stăpâna casei Amiral, are doi fii diferiți precum apa și uleiul, ambii cu situații complicate. Aparte de esto os cuento un poco lo que vais a encontrar. Es un libro narrado en dos tiempos, el primero nos muestra a una protagonista (Posy) desde su infancia hasta su juventud y el segundo en una Posy de 70 años. Los bloques de historia se van alternando de modo que vamos conociendo cosas del pasado que nos hacen ir entendiendo lo que pasa en la actualidad.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment