276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Flicker

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Flicker is more than just an album, it's a journey through Horan's unique blend of folk-inspired pop and rock. Products labelled '*item fulfilled by Exertis on behalf of hmv' will be supplied to you directly by Exertis via their approved couriers. In August 2017, Horan debuted several songs from the album during a live show at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London. I like how he is very detail oriented in this that even the listeners can feel that they are in the situation.

Soaking up soundtracks from the 60s and 70s, listening to library music, kosmiche, French Ye-ye pop and 60s psych, Marleen Nilsson, Anders Hansson and Magnus Bodin were fashioned by the city’s austere industrial past and flat pack present, and all in the shadow of the Orsesund Bridge that links their dreamworld to mainland Europe and a darker reality. The album was preceded by three chart topping singles, “This Town”, “Slow Hands” and “Too Much to Ask”. The only thing I will say about this item as far as any complaints, is that at first I thought the sound quality might be bad, but I think it’s just because I haven’t cleaned the record yet, and I’ve also changed my needle.Best known as key members of Norwich based alternate-jazz trio Mammal Hands, Sunda Arc channels the duos love of electronic and dance music, without losing any of their deep musicality. The Los Angeles Times said, "The guitar ballad is a tender, swoon-worthy number" and Entertainment Weekly hailed it as "a wistful tale of young love lost. I'll still give it 5/5 stars because of the sound quality which is very nice and dynamic, but I absolute hate when records come without an anti-static sleeve. Gram Black Vinyl -- Niall Horan is set to release his debut solo album, Flicker, on vinyl on November 10. This 18-track double album finds Andy moving towards classic songwriting, notably on the reflective lead single ‘Something Like Love’, the strident harmonies of ‘World of Echo’, the joyous refracted loops of ‘Jenny Holzer B.

Housed in a beautifully austere post-ironic de-constructed sleeve; ‘Flicker’ is a modern reflection on these difficult times.I have only played this once, but I remember being a little let down with the lack luster sound quality. Integrating electronic elements and experimentation with the expressiveness and energy of acoustic instruments and live performance, Sunda Arcs music is expansive, compelling and fun in equal parts. It's a record that holds a mirror up to these difficult modern times in which awe live and mixes up an array of different sonic foundations to do so. I love the album and am making some deep grooves in Way of the World, Riverside, Sidewinder and This is Our Year.

At first I thought this was a very noisy record, but then I realized that it was just static noise, so I had to wet clean it before playing for the first time, and after that all the noise went away. Some of these songs date back to the ’90s and the cognitive dissonance of writing brand new lyrics over songs that are 20-plus years old makes it feel like it is, almost literally, me exchanging ideas with my younger self. Horan told Zane Lowe on his Beats 1 Radio show that the album's title track, "Flicker", means the most to him and "was a very poignant moment in the recording process", to the extent that "it changed the way I recorded the rest of the album".Essentially it advises us to stop worrying about the future and enjoy each day as it comes, embracing the crushing, unpredictable lows of life as much as the almighty highs of being in love. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment