276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Caol Ila 18 Year Old Single Malt Whisky | 43% vol | 70cl | Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky | Neat & Over Ice | Mellow | Golden | Charred & Sweetly Smoky Scottish Whisky

£28.125£56.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

The General Wine Company is a family-owned and operated wine merchant in Liphook, Hampshire, England. I’ve had whiskies that were ready to go as soon as the cork was pulled, and never changed much after the first sip. We reserve the right to immediately and without prior notice deactivate, suspend and/or terminate your account if you do not abide by the Terms, if you act unlawful, if you do not act or use the Service in good faith, or if you cause any harm whatsoever to the Service, to other Members, to other persons or to us. Duncan was the nephew of John Johnston of Lagavulin and cousin to the Laphroaig Johnstons and so the family were involved with yet another distillery on the island. Further, we reserve the right to modify, change, discontinue the Service, add or remove features, update the Service, change its appearance, temporarily and permanently, at any time, in whole or any part thereof.

You hereby represent and warrant that you are authorized to make any Contributions, that your Contributions and the use by us will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.

You will defend (at our option), indemnify and hold harmless us and our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, (sub)licensees, assignees, successors, authorized third party contractors from any and all loss, damage, claim, liability or expense (including reasonable outside legal fees and costs) actually incurred as a result of a third party claim arising out of a breach or alleged breach of your obligations, representations and warranties made herein. Long-time reader Jamie was kind enough to send me another sample, this time from his recent purchase of a bottle of Caol Ila 18 year (purchased in 2019). Without limiting the foregoing, the License does not include (a) the right to resell or use the Service commercially (unless explicitly allowed under the applicable subscription plan), (b) the right to make the Service publicly available or use for public display, (c) any downloading, duplicating, or copying, collection and use of any contents of the Services, e.Caol Ila is derived from Gaelic Caol Ìle for "Sound of Islay" in reference to the distillery's location overlooking the strait between Islay and Jura.

Happy to place the last piece in the puzzle I’ll be considering a dram, hoping to add to my collection of favorites emblazoned with the big one-eight.

I was very happy with his previous sample, an Unpeated Caol Ila 18 from 2017, so we both thought it would be interesting to see how the “standard” peated 18-year compares. If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms, such decision shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer.

Several observations follow: age isn’t everything, small differences in strength can produce meaningful differences in flavor, single casks can justify the risks… but mostly: Caol Ila can slay all day. We have the right to transfer, assign the license granted by you to us, or grant licenses and sublicenses to our licensees, or have and allow them granting sublicenses to licensees to any other parties. Perhaps this 18yo is straddling the great young releases and the distinguished older releases being neither one nor the other.The driver will input your year of birth into their device and may then require an ID check to complete the age verification process. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. Unfortunately I won’t be able to revisit this Caol Ila (unless I can wheedle another dram out of Carl) but I am reasonably certain this bottle had been open for some time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment