276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alive: The True Story of the Andes Survivors

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nadie les daba por vivos, solamente algunos de sus padres, que querian recuperar, aunque fueran sus cuerpos,con un lucha incansable moviendo cielo y tierra, para poder encontrarlos. A football team hires a chartered Plane to play a friendly match across the Andes,due to co-piolt's mistake the plane crashes and our story begins, Most of the passengers on the plane were related by being part of or supporting the football team of a religious institution. So of course prayer and the talk of miracles would turn up. But when selecting a writing to tell the story they selected a fellow catholic. INCREIBLE!! Tremenda historia de supervivencia en uno de los lugares mas hostiles del planeta, los Andes a mas de 3000 m, sin apenas comida. Alive: The Generations Trilogy, Book 1". www.commonsensemedia.org. Common Sense Media Inc . Retrieved 10 October 2015.

Surprisingly unemotional account of the tragedy of the Uruguayan soccer team that crashed in the Andes in 1972. This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.In October of 1972, a chartered plane carrying 45 passengers and crew left Uruguay to travel to Chile. A majority of the passengers were made up of young men who were part of an amateur rugby team going to Chile for a game. Others included family and friends. Over the rugged Andes, the pilot made a fatal error, and the plane crashed into the side of a mountain, flinging parts of the tail section, fuselage, wing, rudder and even some passengers out over the desolate landscape. The survivors were, for the most part, very young men (average age around 23 years old). On average, they came from priviledged families. Most were devout Catholics. They enjoyed their cigarettes. They loved their mothers and girlfriends. They loved the game of rugby and were eager to experience a taste of the world outside their beloved Uruguay. A teenage girl wakes up in a coffin-like container and breaks out, finding herself in a room filled with similar coffins. The name on her coffin is "M. Savage", leading her to be called "Em" by most characters. She helps another girl, whose name is T. Spingate, out of her coffin, and they help four other people out. None of them remember anything, even their names. Each person has a circular marking on their head. When I had heard of this book, I thought that it was a survival book, that the plane had crashed and everyone had survived and walked out of the Andes mountains, a perfect adventure for me. What they talk about are the other aspects of survival and it is a very compelling read. There was an avalanche shortly after the initial crash, there are a couple of treks to find the tail and to see who is hardy enough to attempt a walk for help. There are deaths and fights and camaraderie and heartbreaks and survival and yes, they eat the people. The monumental campaigning of Martin Luther King, Jr., for civil rights in the 1950s and 60s was inspired by his faith. His eloquent rhetoric challenged the racism systemic in society and ushered in a time of societal and personal reform. Civil and hum …

Em informs everyone of what's happening, and the group rushes to find the shuttle. By now, they've taken Matilda hostage, and they force her to lead them to the shuttle. When they get there, they find that the army Matilda promised to send has arrived, but almost everyone is able to get in the shuttle regardless. Only two characters die, Matilda is dumped outside the shuttle entrance, and everyone else ends up safe within the shuttle. Alive ends with the shuttle leaving the spaceship, flying toward the new planet. There is a heavy search by the government but to no avail. During this, the survivors helped each other heal. They had to live on barely any food. The area in which they crashed was utterly desolate, barren of life. The conditions were very harsh. They had to survive an avalanche. The situation was so dire that they eventually had to eat human flesh to survive. While this was probably one of the toughest things they had ever done, it helped them survive the winter. Meanwhile, the government agencies had stopped their search. When they were finally found, they had surprisingly little injuries. Their own resilience and uniqueness of experience restored their faith in life and God. Update this section! The book was received well by critics and fans alike as it told the event very unique and as if the reader was actually present at the events. In fact, Walter Clemons declared that Alive "will become a classic in the literature of survival". Also, Michael A. Rogers stated that "Read has risen above the sensational and managed a book of real and lasting value." The book was turned into a full feature film in 1993 and produced by Frank Marshall. Update this section!Alive: The Story of the Andes Survivors study guide contains a biography of Piers Paul Read, literature essays, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis. Haunting, haunting book. I read this too long ago to give a proper review but the account itself has stayed with me for years. Amazing story of survival against incredible odds. Not for the faint hearted but truly gripping. In 1993, Alive by Frank Marshall was released. A companion documentary, Alive: 20 Years Later, was made at the same time. The story of the 16 remaining Andes survivors makes for riveting reading. The first time I read this book I was in my early 20s myself, and I remember the cannibalism being the overriding memory I took away from this book. Now I'm older, and it's not the cannibalism that captures my attention, but how these very young men kept their sanity, faith and courage in the face of unimaginable horrors. Of their cannibalism, they are unapologetic (which is as it should be). However, they didn't take what they did to survive lightly, and one of the survivors says it best: Famous story of the Uruguayan rugby team that survived ten weeks in the Andes, largely because they ate the dead passengers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment