276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Clarity & Connection (The Inward Trilogy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you study Buddhism at all you will find a lot of familiar ground here although he only once, if my search worked correctly, mentions the word Buddha or Buddhism. That is very much to his credit, I think. Our language is not healing us at the moment, whatever language it is that you identify with. (And, yes, language does have both meaning and consequences.)

There is a big emphasis on listening and what he refers to as “selfless listening.” As a consultant whose name I can’t recall once asked “Are you listening to respond [selfish] or to learn [selfless]?” (I paraphrase.) On a related note, however, he reminds us “not every thought is valuable.” (The old joke about not wanting to belong to any club that would have me as a member comes to mind.) In Clarity & Connection, there is some clarity and some connection, but not a great deal of specificity. Philosophy overtakes the poetry, leaving little room for poetic expression. There’s no subtlety. The poems that follow don’t offer much of an answer. We are reminded to “help people, but have boundaries.” Lest we fear we are falling into our old patterns, Pueblo offers the sage advice that “repeating the past / is a sign of progress.”Some of these pieces read like journal entries written after the writer read something enlightening. For example there’s one piece that summarizes the Buddha’s teachings on craving: “attachment is also when you try to place restrictions on the unexpected and natural movements of reality.” I don’t see a poetic reprocessing of the raw material into art, though. There’s this line from another poem, “a mind full of attachments craves the fulfillment of its yearnings and attempts to mold the world into the shape it desires.” There are moments inspired by Pema Chödrön, which are virtual paraphrases, and there are poems that dissipate into a cloud of New Age smoke: “the world is a giant pool of moving vibrations…when we cultivate out minds, / we cleanse our personal vibe.” CLARITY is the courageousjourneyinward to ourauthentic self whilelearning how to live aligned with our values and goals. The dangers of writing self-help content or offering forth wisdom too early in your expertise is that it is all too easy to be vague, all too convenient to render truth in platitudes. What makes the best poetry helpful is the ruthlessness of its specificity. I think here of Sylvia Plath’s collected poems and Dante Alighieri’s rigorous and specific assessment of all the ways love can go wrong in the Divine Comedy. Han Shan’s Cold Mountain poems offer a Buddhist perspective, but are so specific that the philosophy shimmers beneath, a philosophy of doing, not preaching. Love will not seek to change you. It will embrace you so unconditionally that you will feel safe enough to heal the old and put effort into the new.

This book of "poetry" is more of a brainstorming session for a self help book in my opinion. I have read loads of self help and poetry books but this book isn't poetry to me. It was a continual repetition of the same 4 key points, which was all about self help. I appreciate self help books and I like them but this isn't listed as a self help book it's listed as poetry. CONNECTION is thework towards being unforgivably real in healthy rewarding andloving relationshipswith ourselves, others and the larger world. In these rapidly changing times, it is more important than ever to know ourselves well, even and especially in the face of turmoil. The Way Forward encourages readers to connect more deeply to their intuition, using it to remain focused and grounded amidst a world in constant flux. Progressing naturally from both Inward and Clarity & Connection, The Way Forward is an inspired beginning. Buy now:His vision of self is a very healthy one. He doesn’t promote participation awards. But he does suggest, rightly so, I think, that we “throw away the idea that you need to pause your life until you are fully healed.” Life is motion. “How many times have you been unable to fully enjoy a special moment because you couldn’t stop thinking about what was missing?” From the celebrated author of Inward comes a new collection of poetry and short prose that illuminates how past wounds impact our present relationships. Strong content writing is the distraction. But what happens when we are distracted from the distraction? About the Writer

This is not to say that youth doesn’t have its wisdom. After all, Taylor Swift knew everything she needed to know when she was 16, and can now spend the rest of her career re-recording her teenage songs to perfection. She’ll be fine and so will we. In Clarity and Connection, Yung Pueblo explores how intense emotions accumulate in our subconscious and condition us to act and react the ways we do. With his distinctive voice, at once spare and evocative, the author guides us through the excavation and release of the past that is required for growth. On the topic of intimate relationships, he reflects: As a self help book this book would have worked so much better for me, longer text, more details to everything, not so many repeats (that made me feel like we are running in circles), and this book would have at least been a 4 star read.Ich mochte die Idee von dem Buch, die Umsetzung nicht so sehr. Ich weiß nicht mal genau was das Buch sein sollte. Es ist wirklich mehr Self Help anstatt Poesie, ist es wirklich dann schon Poesie wenn es einfach nur in einem besonderen Format geschrieben ist?! During the years when I had abandoned myself, my mind felt undeniably heavy. I knew I needed to find a clear way to help me feel lighter.” Buy now: From poet, meditator, and speaker Yung Pueblo, comes a collection of poetry and prose that explores the movement from self-love to unconditional love, the power of letting go, and the wisdom that comes when we truly try to know ourselves. it serves as a reminder to the reader that healing, transformation, and freedom are possible. Buy now:

Pueblo’s prescriptiveness is so pervasive in Clarity & Connection that it is almost pathological. It is too easy to see the roadmap—so easy as to be useless at best, or dangerous at worst. Is it really true that we “should not trust” the way we see ourselves when our “mood is down?” I’m not so sure. Can’t pain also be instructive? The courage you both have to stay committed to the inner journey will reflect brightly on your relationship.This book has a lot of helpful advice about growing and loving yourself. Even so, it's not a good poetry book to me. I would not recommend this book to a poetry lover. I would recommend it to someone who wants a short, rough draft, self help book. A radically compassionate plan for turning inward and lifting the heaviness that prevents us from healing ourselves and the world, from the New York Times bestselling author of Clarity & Connection In many ways, these pieces read like half-formed essays. For example, Pueblo follows up his discussion of craving with this: “it is important to note that there is a substantial difference between craving and having goals or preferences.” What follows is a half-formed interrogation of attachment which paradoxically privileges attachment to happiness. Nuance isn’t Pueblo’s strong suit. These investigations of philosophical and Buddhist thought could have been better served with more time and artistry. There’s a whole section on attachment and relationships that show all the excitement of a writer delving into Buddhist thought. But unlike writers like Jane Hirshfield who subject their philosophy to poetic transformations, the material here remains quite raw. Buddha of Clarity. Watercolor. Janice Greenwood.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment