276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Train to Impossible Places (Train to Impossible Places #1) (Train to Impossible Places Adventures)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It might be one of those children's books which can only be enjoyed fully when you are a kid, but have almost nothing interesting for an adult. As a class novel or guided reading book, I feel this text has a lot of breadth for discussion and linked cross-curricular work.

I had zero interest in the story at the beginning, but as the plot progressed it got more and more interesting. Suzy is a normal, hardworking school girl who realizes that something isn't right, she hears something downstairs in the middle of the night and finds something unusual. BOOK OF THE MONTH - A heart-warming and hilarious story told in 25 chapters, perfect for the countdown to Christmas.

Overall, as I said, it was okay: the fantasy elements were fun, I liked the main character and Wilmot was just adorable; the setting and the general plot were good enough, but nothing extraordinary.

I feel like, if I would bring this book to a Primary School, I would mention that it's for kids that love reading harder and bigger books. Suzy has a brilliant scientific mind, but isn't really one for thinking about consequences – she tends more towards jumping now and thinking later, though her heart is definitely in the right place. She steals something that turns out to have a mystery involved with what she stole and the story takes off from there. This rattles along at top-speed and features one of the most varied cast of characters since Hogwarts welcomed young Potter.Two towers locked in a power struggle, a cursed boy trapped in a snowglobe, warrior statues, wormholes and negotiable gravity are just a few things Suzy encounters on her incredible journey. Moje další překladatelské miminko je vyloženě dětská knížka, ale jestli vás dětské knížky baví, rozhodně jí chcete, protože jsou tam naprosto boží nápady a P. I can’t really tell what is wrong with this book, but, for some reason, I just couldn’t really vibe with it. It is kinda sorta but not really like Harry Potter, in that the protagonist is a child who enters into a world of magic.

Staffed by trolls, the Impossible Postal Express delivers letters and parcels across a series of magical worlds connected to our own: the Union of Impossible Places. The ending did make up for some of the confusion that happened throughout and I really liked how the story was concluded. Wilmot is also my favorite character, the need to follow his family’s footstep is something I can relate very well.

If you ever need a middle grade book that is full-steam imagination and non-stop adventure, then this is THE book for you. I absolutely loved the idea of this magical train that truly did the impossible, whether it be the ability of transforming houses for a railway or through the ignorance of gravity. This book is great for most ages, it doesn't matter how old you are to have somebody read the book to you or read it yourself as long as you understand the book. it’s one of those books that teaches the younger reader a few words and doesn’t dumb down the story to fit a kid but isn’t actively trying to educate.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment