276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The God of the Bible “reached me through investigations, dreams, and visions, and called me to prayer in my suffering,” he said. “It was there that I found Jesus. To follow him is worth giving up everything.” It was also encouraging to see how God used normal people in Nabeel’s life for His purposes. It reminds me that I can have an impact on others, even if it’s only a small one. I don’t have to write long, philosophical books or give eloquent speeches to change a life. Sometimes, all someone needs is a probing question or thought-provoking conversation to start them on the path of searching for truth. I actually read this book some time ago. I don't list every book I read, that's why it isn't on here. Due to an interaction I had with a person who reviewed this book and was on my friends list, I feel compelled to write my own review.

And this is just one example. Most of the theological arguments are based on goal posts that are never fully explained. Why does it matter if Jesus said he's God? How does that change whether he is or isn't God? Does anyone really believe it's fully possible to determine whether Jesus died in the cross or not nowadays? And no matter what's the answer, why should that shape someone's faith now? If you are a non-believer (of Christianity, in this sense), this book will help you to think critically (I mean it) about your own belief and not just holding on to a blind or lazy faith. The 34-year-old convert from Islam was an itinerant speaker with Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM) until his diagnosis last summer. He spent months in aggressive treatment, including the removal of his stomach, all the while praying for a miracle to heal him.We know from the title where this book will end so as it progressed I became increasingly apprehensive, just as Qureshi was, for what a decision to become Christian would do to his loving parents. I really loved the window this book provided into a loving Muslim family and this was one of the most gripping parts of the book.

ECPA Announces the 2015 Christian Book Award® Winners – ECPA". www.ecpa.org . Retrieved 2016-04-19. What I wasn’t expecting however, was how educational and intelligent this book was going to be. This is shown in two ways. Firstly Nabeel provides an inside look into Islam. This was fascinating for me as I, shamefully, knew very little about it. He balances a detailed look at the ideas and theology, with an excellent portrayal of the emotional turmoil he endured and the strength of the mindset that being brought up into Islam provides.There is much to like about this book. Qureshi wrote respectfully about Islam. In fact, I learned more about Islam from this book than I have in other things that I have previously read or encountered. He was able to provide a first hand, insider's account of what Islam actually looks like and teaches. He did some without animus or antagonism. Throughout the book, the emphasis is that if Islam is true, Christianity is false and visa versa. There's the assumption that it is possible to disprove of a religion through empirical knowledge. This perspective, in my opinion, is both false and dangerous. It's false because come on, if it was possible to prove a religion in such certainty, we'd all be believers already. Religion is cool precisely because it requires faith, it requires accepting that some things cannot be known, that rationalism is not all there is. "My religion might not be true for you" is a thought that should be expressed more often.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment