276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Patak's Tandoori Marinade Paste 312 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s not bad for you. So don’t worry about it. If you have extra, it’s great in homemade tonic. One for the gin drinkers. Give your tandoori paste time to rest

Except that you can’t get it in the UK anymore. And if you can’t get it in the UK it won’t be long until you can’t get it anywhere else. Which is alarming. At least to me. Homemade tandoori paste is easy to make. Just combine onion, garlic, ginger, and spices in a food processor. But that’s a little over the top. Even for tandoori paste. So I did the next best thing. I figured out the recipe. And I’m sharing it here. Tandoori paste takes a few simple ingredients So when I heard, I decided to do something about it. I thought about a protest march. Outside the Patak UK office. Tens of thousands of tandoori and tikka lovers descending. They wouldn’t know what hit them. Epic.

Madras Spice Paste

Give it a day in the fridge and it mellows a bit. Still fresh tasting. Just more balanced. If you are using it in tandoori marinade don’t worry about it. But if you are featuring it as a main ingredient in your tikka or tandoori maybe think about giving it a bit of time. Just one day and it all comes together nicely. I also like to serve an herby sauce like Cilantro Mint Chutney or even my Spicy Yemenite Zhoug Sauce.

Whole-milk plain yogurt (you can use Greek yogurt, but I prefer the creamier European style yogurt here) Some sort of flatbread is a must as far as I am concerned. Serve it with Garlic Naan, roti, or paratha. Basmati rice and steamed or sautéed vegetables make great side dishes. The number one ingredient listed is ginger. So start with ginger paste. Just toss some ginger into a blender with some water and puree. Look for the least amount of ingredients on the jar. Ideally you should see tamarind and water. Nothing else.There’s a lot of tamarind flavour in Patak’s version. Tamarind paste works well. You don’t want a sweetened tamarind sauce. There are many different recipes for tandoori paste. Most of them include garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, Kashmiri chili powder or cayenne pepper, and the spice mixture called garam masala. Citric acid powder specifically. It goes by citric acid. Or lemon salt. Or sour salt. But the ingredients on the label are what will guide you. It needs to say citric acid there. This recipe is not totally authentic, but it is full of flavor. And it is easy, too! You probably don’t own a tandoor, but you can cook it in the oven, on the grill, or even in your air fryer. What is tandoori ? This isn’t a bad thing to add to your arsenal anyway. For times when you don’t want the garlic in homemade ginger garlic paste.

You can use this right away. If you need to. But minutes old ginger paste is strong stuff. It will still work. And if you love ginger go for it. Watch out for the salt in the masala. Some are saltier than others. Probably not that big a deal as this is used in marinades though. Not like it’s all getting into the final dish. It also takes an oddball ingredient

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment