276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS Laptop ROG Flow X16 GV601VI 16.0" WQXGA 240Hz 1100nits Touchscreen Gaming Laptop (Intel i9-13900H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 11) Includes ROG Nebula HDR Display

£1£2Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Asus ROG Flow X16 tops at an AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS configuration with up to 64 GB of DDR5 memory, up to RTX 3070Ti dedicated graphics with a MUX, and two gen4 SSDs for storage. Factor in the 32GB of DDR5 memory, not to mention a 1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD and Asus’s comprehensive cooling tech including a Tri-fan thermal module, and you have a recipe for huge performance by pretty much every metric. For the record, the Flow X16 also supports Asus’s ROG XG Mobile external graphics boxes. That may enable you to upgrade the graphics performance in future. For now, though, that 3070 Ti GPU should be plenty.

If you’re after a really powerful laptop with a fabulous screen, the simple answer is yes. The Asus ROG Flow X16’s mini-LED display is exception, its CPU and and GPU serve up massive performance. It’s very well built. And even has decent battery life. The Flow X16 is also compatible with the ROG XG mobile dGPU, which you can now get with up to an RTX 3080 or an RX 6850 XT dGPU. You’ll find out what to expect from the RTX 3080 XG mobile from this article. ROG Armoury Crate unifies system and lighting controls to put essential settings at your fingertips in a single utility. You can easily define and customize Scenario Profiles that automatically make adjustments when you launch your favorite titles.

Transform for Anything

At the same time, prices in Western European markets are expected at around 2500 EUR, but not sure for which exact configuration. On top of these, the Flow X16 gets an HD webcam with IR, placed at the top of the screen, and dual microphones, but no finger sensor. Hardware and performance While we haven’t been able to test out the display on the Flow X16, Asus claims that the machine passes the new ROG Nebula display certification, which requires 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 colour space, at least 500 nits of brightness and a response time of 3ms or less. I’ll update once we know more. In the meantime, follow this link for the latest updates in your region. Early Conclusions on the Asus ROG Flow X16 The Flow produced all of the sRGB and DCI-P3 gamuts with a solid Delta E of 3.06, so you’ve got enough accuracy and breadth for any game. But while games and films look great on this screen, you’ll still get improved accuracy from Razer’s panels – they’re better for colour-sensitive workloads.

ROG GameVisual software offers six expertly tuned graphic modes designed to optimise your visual experience for specific game genres. First Person Shooter (FPS) mode, for example, enhances visibility in dark environments, allowing you to get the drop on any enemies lurking in the shadows. Use GameVisual to get the best experience for every game in your library. Given our experience with the Flow X13, I expect the X16 to only have some slim rubber feet on the bottom, as required by the convertible format, and those might choke the fans with the laptop sitting on the desk. The available info kind of suggest to me that the ideal gaming experience is in tent mode with this laptop, with a connected controller, and that could be as a result of the choked fans in laptop mode. These are just my assumptions, though; we’ll need to properly test all these in the review. Its main selling points are the format, the screen options, the powerful specs for the class, and the unique thermal module that should allow for solid performance with lower fan noise levels than other designs. However, the overall performance/thermals/noise-levels trifecta is going to play a crucial role in determining the overall worth of this series in comparison to the clamshell Zephyrus models, alongside pricing and availability. According to Asus, all these combined allow the hardware inside the Flow X16 to run at quieter noise levels than if they had gone with a standard dual-fan triple-radiator cooling. I’m still filling up the blanks on these exact noise levels, though, as well as on the power settings that Asus will allow on this laptop. I’ll update. Asus claims that the third fan keeps the GPU temperatures up to seven degrees cooler than traditional solutions, which should help the laptop maintain a high overall performance.If there's one thing that makes the Flow X16 stand out, though, it's the stunning Nebula HDR Display. It adheres to all the specs of our Nebula certified panels: 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space, Pantone Validation, high refresh rate, Adaptive-Sync, and a response time of 3 milliseconds or less. But the Nebula HDR panel goes one step further. 512 Mini LED dimming zones and a peak brightness of 1100 nits create stunning contrast and allow vibrant, colorful images pop off the screen, while ROG’s Nebula HDR engine works alongside AUO’s AMLED technology to reduce haloing, thanks in part to a polling rate of 5400Hz. We’ve introduced the Nebula HDR Display­™ before on the Zephyrus Duo 16. But with the Flow X16, the HDR experience is taken to a whole new level, thanks to the versatility afforded by a fully convertible laptop and the mobility that you can only get from a tablet. When you need to curl up on the couch or in bed to catch up on your favorite shows mastered in HDR, the Flow X16 is the perfect companion. Cooler than cool One thing I’m a little concerned about is the digitizer layer that we’ll be getting here, since pen support is mentioned. From past experience, digitizers can cause a graininess effect over white content, visible when editing texts and browsing, and I’m hoping this will not be a concern here. We’ll know more once we get to review this.

Update: In the meantime, our full-review of the Asus ROG Flow X16 series is available here, and our review of the RTX 3070Ti model with the miniLED display is available here.Asus has long been one of the most innovative laptop companies around, and the Asus ROG Flow X16 continues that tradition because it’s a gaming laptop that’s also a 2-in-1 hybrid device. The Flow X16 is the culmination of a relentless drive to pair cutting-edge components with a thin and light chassis. This 16-inch convertible laptop is powered by up to an AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS processor and up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU, all while weighing just 2.1 kilograms. With a maximum TGP of up to 125W on the RTX 3070 Ti thanks to Dynamic Boost, this machine is able to go pound for pound with much larger and heavier competition. USB-A 3.2 gen1, 1x USB-C 3.2 (4.0 update later in the year) with data, video and charging, 1x ROG xGM port, HDMI 2.0b, micro SD card reader, headphone&mic

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment