276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mr. Happy (Mr. Men Classic Story Books)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rivals: Little Miss Trouble, Little Miss Tiny, Mr. Rude, Little Miss Naughty, Little Miss Fun (one-sided), Mr. Mischief He seems to be prone to depression, as shown in books like "Mr. Nobody" and "Little Miss Magic" and in the episode of Mr. Men and Little Miss, " A Very Happy Day for Mr. Happy", where he was depressed for days, (though those reasons above were because other people were unhappy). Mr Happy is from Happyland where everyone is happy! When he meets Mr Miserable, the most miserable person in the world, Mr Happy has an idea about how to make him happy too. Friends: Most of the Mr. Men and Little Misses (though he is such a nuisance for eating everything)

Mr. Happy: 50th Anniversary Edition (Mr. Men and Little Miss)

Returning to this book as an adult I'm more inclined to like him but I do still have some slight issues with the story. Mr. Happy seems to cheer up Mr. Miserable just by taking him outdoors. There's no conversation about why it's better to be happy or any reasons given to be happy... he just takes him outdoors and the pair of them just start rolling around on the floor, laughing like loons, for no reason. I can only conclude they took some illicit substance 'off-panel' as it were. In the 90's Christmas Special, when he was putting up a Christmas tree, he and the tree were a lot taller.Mr. Brawler · Mr. No · Little Miss Brilliant · Little Miss Busy-Body · Little Miss Carefree · Little Miss Careful · Little Miss Loud · Little Miss Pretty · Little Miss Prim · Little Miss Show-Off · Little Miss Yes

MR HAPPY | MR MEN book No. 3 Read Aloud Roger Hargreaves book MR HAPPY | MR MEN book No. 3 Read Aloud Roger Hargreaves book

Despite being redesigned to have a more shaped head, starting from his reappearance in Little Miss Hug's story, he appears in his original design. However, this is only in merchandise and corporate photos. According to a Mr. Men treasury released in 2015, Adam Hargreaves finds him the hardest character to draw. He says, "Even though he is the simplest, I find Mr. Happy the most difficult. There are less breaks in the outline so I have to draw a longer perfect circular line to get him right. I sort of work from the outside inwards, always starting at the top, with the hat if they had one, and then draw the outline leaving gaps for the arms and legs and their face and expression come last". This was mentioned again in the Mr. Men 50th Anniversary Special Mr. Happy, the fourth member of the Mr. Men family, is in a state of perpetual happiness. Quite how this state of happiness has been achieved is unclear. He lives in a house of a similar size and style to that of the other Mr. Men we have already met. He displays no obvious trappings of wealth or success, no enviable family from which he may derive some kind of pride or worth and offers no insight, wisdom or religious beliefs.Happy, we are told, lives in a land called "Happyland" in which all the people, the birds, even the worms are happy. One begins to wonder if our hero is a member of some kind of cult. The next notion is that perhaps My. Happy is under the influence of some kind of narcotic which makes him THINK that the birds and the worms are conversing with him and confirming that they too are enjoying life to the full. So many questions and (given that this is short-form fiction) so little time for answers. While in the modern western world man chases fame, fortune and the respect of his peers, in more archaic cultures the ultimate pursuit is for a greater level of understanding or some kind of connection with a higher force. Whatever the culture, man does this for a single reason: because he thinks it will make him happy. This pursuit of happiness is the meaning of life, the always just-out-of-reach goal for humans the world over. In the original books, Mr. Happy is the series' mascot, but in the show, that status is given to Mr. Bump.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment