276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Deer Man: Seven Years of Living in the Forest

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Et avant d’aller à la chasse, ils s’excusaient auprès de Dieu des Buffles, demandaient pardon, expliquant pourquoi ils allaient tuer un buffle. Deer Man follows the story of someone who turns his back on society and spends seven years living in a forest among roe deer. In Deer Man, Delorme describes becoming a creature of the forest, working to blend in with the deer, not disrupt them, and living without a tent or sleeping bag.

I decide to base the rhythm of my life on his; except that, since my stomach has just the one chamber, when he chews the cud, I meditate instead.

Philosophy professor Mercier’s second novel, originally published in Germany in 1995, explores depression and the desperation born of procrastination.

Den här boken handlar om en jöns som drar åt skogen där han ägnar sig åt att ge rådjur fruktiga namn. I recently read and devoured Geoffroy Delorme's Deer Man: Seven Years of Living in the Wild, which now ranks among the best books in this genre that I've read in ages.I found this an intriguing book: how many people, after all, would go to this extent in their love for wildlife? Als ik mezelf bekijk en hoeveel spullen ik heen-en-weer meesleep begrijp ik niet hoe de Hertenman dit over zovele hectare geregeld heeft gekregen. I sju år bor han i skogen med endast enstaka besök i civilisationen, för att tvätta kläder och bunkra mat. Un francès que es passa més de 7 anys vivint al bosc amb moltissims cabirols que es converteixen en la seva família (no és ficció ) i un cant a la vida i una crítica a la colonització i expoliació dels espais naturals. He starts by observing the animals’ behavior, to “mimic the way the squirrels look after themselves” and the way deer rest.

Sin embargo, me hubiera gustado conocer con mayor detalle por qué el autor acaba retirándose al bosque, qué clase de ideas se le pasan por la cabeza cuando está allí solo, cómo evolucionan estas ideas a medida que pasan los meses, cómo aprende a sobrevivir. The integration of a human in the lives of the deer is a study of patience, trust and wisdom - for both the human and the roe deer. Todo eso se cuenta en apenas un par de pinceladas algo impersonales, pues no es el tema central, pero yo siento como si me hubiera quedado a medias. Writing against recent trends in publishing, Mabey challenges us to “have more respect for nature’s own narratives”.He stuck more to nature writing and less to personal memoir which was likely the assignment but there was a deep emotional disconnect felt throughout the book when he spoke briefly about his upbringing and family relationships. Over time he befriends the deer and becomes part of a wild animal family with which he shares moments of joy, sorrow and even fear.

We laten vluchtelingen op straat slapen, mensen komen om van de kou terwijl het bij ons binnen nog een aangename 16 graden is. As he got older, he would disappear into the woods, drawn to the rhythms of animal life and away from the rules of a society he did not understand. Geoffroy se siente en comunión con él y los elementos que lo rodean, hasta el punto de sentir que los corzos eran su verdadera familia.

Por lo demás, una lectura muy amena, incluso cuando el autor se pone algo más técnico, con capítulos breves que incluyen fotografías preciosas que realizó en esos años. Pero a la edad de dieciséis años decidió pasar no solo las noches, sino también los días, observando la fauna salvaje bajo el pretexto de hacer un trabajo para un curso de fotografía. Kempowski (1929–2007), a German novelist and historian, presents a riveting history of the final days of WWII from a predominantly German perspective. Att marknadsföra den här boken som självbiografi tycker jag är märkligt, den handlar om hans aktivistiska sju år i vildmarken.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment