276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TecTecTec KLYR Golf Rangefinder with Slope, Belt Clip, Magnetic Holder. Laser Range Finder with 2022 Optics,pinned, high end case, Golfing Ball Marker with Magnet.Binoculars

£99.995£199.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about laser golf rangefinders and their capabilities. This is an excellent piece of golf technology that you can have in place for years to come. However, you have to start with purchasing the correct model. What is the most accurate golf rangefinder? We love the Voice Caddie SL3 Active Hybrid GPS Rangefinder, in fact we like it so much, we selected it for Editor's Choice 2023. Just like the previous version, the SL2 Active Hybrid rangefinder, the SL3 has both an accurate and easy-to-use laser rangefinder and a color touch LCD screen under the eyepiece where you can change settings and most importantly see maps of the holes and the greens with the ability to glean all sorts of information.In fact this GPS functionality really sets the SL3 apart from the competition.

A rangefinder is designed to give you as accurate yardages as possible. Nobody wants to be out on the course and have no idea what distance a bunker or ditch is. Therefore, a rangefinder can help acquire yardages and build confidence. How accurate are laser rangefinders? There might not be a laser rangefinder on the market that currently offers as much functionality at such a low price as the Mileseey Professional Precision Golf Rangefinder. And there's a lot to enjoy about it too! If you're new to the rangefinder market, this is one that is definitely worth considering, thanks to how easy it is to use and the accurate yardages it provides.So you have decided you want a laser rangefinder that falls into the budget category, but what are some of the things you should be aware of before buying? Let's take a look. It’s weird to describe a rangefinder as ‘fun’, but this does feel fun and cool to use. I feel this is in part down to its speed and every mode just working well. The Q-6 Slope rangefinder from Cobalt Golf is an impressive device on a number of levels. In our testing, it provided some of the most exceptional display optics we've seen from a rangefinder, while also offering impressive speed and accuracy in terms of capturing distances. It also looks sharp visually and, when in hand, offers a sturdy, durable feel that is the result of its quality construction. Over the years I’ve not been shy about the fact that I haven’t had a great experience with the handful of TecTecTec rangefinders I’ve used. The compact size may take a bit of getting used to, especially if you have larger hands. Overall I thought it was pretty comfortable to use once I adjusted my grip to account for it being smaller than most rangefinders.

There are a few things to watch out for when it comes to laser golf rangefinders. If you have shaky hands or poor vision, you need to be more specific about which model you choose. Look for things like pin-seeking technology or jolt or vibration technology. These aids are in place to help golfers find the pin and connect with it to get the correct yardage. FAQs about Golf Rangefinders This is kind of what I expected to experience with the KLYR based on my previous experiences at this price point. This unit is not one of those overly large & bulky rangefinders. When I first opened the box, I was amazed at its compact size. This unit is powered by a battery and cannot be recharged through the use of a USB connection. However, that is just a point of fact and not a negative. I do wish it was rechargeable, but that is preference and not a criticism.

ONLY WHAT YOU NEED

Slope mode enhances the efficiency of your device and provides plays like distance measurements. However, it is outlawed in tournament play as per the USGA rule 4.3a. You will find the bulk of devices contains a switch to deactivate it, enabling you to use it in competitions. The TecTecTec KLYR performed really well, twice as accurate as similar priced alternatives and close to rangefinders double the price from 100-yards and closer. Outside 150-yards it is still good, with measurements usually within a yard, but the odd 2-4 yard error did appear. TecTecTec is clearly playing up the “compact” angle. Which is great, but wearing it on your belt feels like a bit of a stretch. I suppose you could take the same magnetic belt clip and put it on your bag, for a slightly more functional, and less nerdy experience.

There are many reasons as to why many golfers favor rangefinders over the best golf watches and best golf GPS devices, with players preferring the convenience and speed you find in the device. What's more, rangefinders run on batteries, which means they can be left in your golf bag between rounds and therefore provide a much more hassle-free user experience compared to GPS units, which often need regular charging. Additionally, I had no problem getting fast and accurate yardages from ranges in excess of 400 yards, which was impressive. The KLYR is less expensive than many of its competitors and in my experience less expensive rangefinders can struggle from a performance standpoint as you get further from the target. That was not, however, the case with this device. Once you exceed this range, the accuracy starts to fluctuate, and some devices are up to 3 yards off when measuring beyond 300 yards. This is not a train smash for the average golfer who struggles to deliver consistent distance control. It is extremely compact and lightweight, weighing 168 grams, which is perfect if you enjoy using a lightweight bag on the course. When we took it out for a spin, we were able to grasp the rangefinder in our hand with no issues and it comes in a sturdy case that keeps it protected from harsh weather conditions. But the main selling point of this rangefinder is how easy it is to use. After putting the batteries in, you're up and running straight away and can toggle between yards, meters and KM/H using the handy buttons on the top of the device. In Pin mode, the main reading that it gives you is the one that's been calculated with the Slope so below it will tell the actual distance and how much it's playing up or downhill. All distances come in yards and are even given in decimal places which is some level of detail.

This is where cheaper rangefinders always struggle. The viewfinder can be too small and often it’s very blurry. It especially matters if you’re a smaller company and you need to do something to impress and standout. We think laser rangefinders are definitely worth it. They save a lot of time, last a long time, are convenient and simple to use, offer in-depth detail of the shot you face, and can sit easily on your golf bag. With a laser no longer do you have to find a sprinkler, or guess yardages because you can simply zap the flag or hazards to help you plot your way around the course. Should my device offer slope measurements? You will know that the slope feature factors in the gradient between your ball and the target to provide plays like distances. However, I found that the yardage was slightly inaccurate over 300-yards and any length short of that is accurate to the nearest yard. In reality, that suits the average mid or high-handicapper. Nikon knows their way around high-quality optics, which the Coolshot Pro II Stabilized holds in abundance. This rangefinder earns the prize for the most stable and the cheapest rangefinder you will find.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment