276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Twin Peaks: Collection [Blu-ray] [2016] [Region Free]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Crew Interviews (SD, 23 min.) – Six members of the production team speak, including David Lynch's daughter Jennifer (author of the ' Secret Diary of Laura Palmer' tie-in book) and five episode directors. An idiosyncratic FBI Agent investigates the murder of a young woman in the even more idiosyncratic town of Twin Peaks. Return to Twin Peaks (Disc 5, SD, 20 minutes): This 2007 featurette spotlights series fans from all walks of life who are making Other new extras include a new sit down Lynch himself has with Lee, Zabriskie and Wise, which is split into two sections. In one, he speaks to them in-character as Laura, Sarah and Leland, asking them how they are now (Yes, even if their respective character is dead). The other is Lynch having a more down to Earth chat with the three about their memories and reflections about working on the series. In both cases, it’s really interesting material.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - The Criterion Collection Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - The Criterion Collection

Criterion has licensed a couple of key features from the Paramount/CBS Blu-ray, as well as creating a small amount of new content. Any fan of the filmmaker knows that David Lynch refuses to discuss the meaning behind anything in his movies, so don't go looking for insight or analysis in that respect. It’s been a long road getting all of Twin Peaks in one box set, thanks to the various companies involved. It wasn’t until 2007, after prior VHS and DVD releases left it out, that fans even got the show’s pilot episode included with the rest of the series, thanks to the initial deal for the pilot TV movie making it a separate release, with a different distributor (and ending!). And with New Line releasing Fire Walk With Me, that company had handled the show’s decent previous DVD release. Now though, fans can finally enjoy all of the story in one set, with all of it looking better than ever in HD (Fire Walk With Me had never had a Blu-ray release before either). In the town of Twin Peaks, everyone has their secrets—but especially Laura Palmer (SHERYL LEE). In this prequel to his ground-breaking 1990s television series, DAVID LYNCH (Eraserhead) resurrects the teenager found wrapped in plastic at the beginning of the show, following her through the last week of her life and teasing out the enigmas that surround her murder. Homecoming queen by day and drug-addicted thrill seeker by night, Laura leads a double life that pulls her deeper and deeper into horror as she pieces together the identity of the assailant who has been terrorizing her for years. Nightmarish in its vision of an innocent torn apart by unfathomable forces, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me is nevertheless one of Lynch’s most humane films, aching with compassion for its tortured heroine—a character as enthralling in life as she was in death.aspects of the film, its themes, characters, world, and integration of the supernatural and surreal.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (Criterion) Blu-ray Review Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (Criterion) Blu-ray Review

Fire Walk With Me Photo Gallery– Plenty of great 'Fire Walk With Me' behind-the-scenes photos, including from the deleted scenes. Lucy's Special Announcement (HD, 1 min.) – As originally broadcast, the end credits of Episode 27 included audio from Kimmy Robertson announcing the date that the second season finale would air. As far as the Blu-ray goes, the 8-disc box set has both strong video and audio. It also comes with a huge volume of behind-the-scenes material that would be more impressive if most of it weren't so dull. This worldwide Blu-ray only release includes every ‘Episode’ and ‘Part’ of all three seasons of Twin Peaks, the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me feature film and its deleted scenes called The Missing Pieces. On top of over six hours of previously unreleased bonus content, it will also include the special features from Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery released in 2014 as well as Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series from 2017. The set is limited to 25,000 copies worldwide and will first hit U.S. and Canada on December 10, 2019. Other regions can expect the box set around January 20, 2020. The Red Room Gallery: a curated set of 5 x 5 printed cards depicting memorable moments in The Red RoomReleased: 13th September 2021. In the town of Twin Peaks, everyone has their secrets—but especially Laura Palmer (SHERYL LEE). In this prequel to his ground-breaking 1990s television series, DAVID LYNCH (Eraserhead) resurrects the teenager found wrapped in plastic at the beginning of the show, following her through the last week of her life and teasing out the enigmas that surround her murder. Homecoming queen by day and drug-addicted thrill seeker by night, Laura leads a double life that pulls her deeper and deeper into horror as she pieces together the identity of the assailant who has been terrorizing her for years. Nightmarish in its vision of an innocent torn apart by unfathomable forces, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me is nevertheless one of Lynch’s most humane films, aching with compassion for its tortured heroine—a character as enthralling in life as she was in death. Everything below was written before the official announcement of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery on May 15, 2014: popularity, they demanded the resolution of Laura Palmer's murder, which came just eight episodes in. With the central mystery all but Subtitles: English, Norwegian, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Italian, Finnish, French, German, Swedish. Considering that the copy of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me contained in the Entire Mystery box set from 2014 was already remastered from a new 4k scan of the film elements supervised by David Lynch, and provided over 90 minutes of deleted and extended scenes that fans had clamored to see for decades, a question arises of what Criterion's standalone edition of the movie could really offer to set itself apart, other than the prestige of the Criterion branding? In many respects, this new disc is largely redundant to the old one, which I have to assume most fans already own when they bought the TV show. (While a certain fragment of Twin Peaks fans love the series but don't care for the movie, I don't know of many who like the movie without also liking the series.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment