276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moondrop Aria SNOW EDITION Earbud High Performance Diamond-Like Diaphragm Dynamic Driver 0.78 Pin In-Ear Earphone

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Aria Snow Edition has a pretty smooth and natural treble tuning that is relative energetic but not overly bright, sharp or ear piercing. This area is shown with a good grade of authority, separation and extension that is not outstanding but that is produced in a way that will fulfill the expectation from a product at this price level. The Moondrop Aria Snow Edition comes with a High-Purity Silver-Plated OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) detachable cable with 2-Pin connectors. The cable has a transparent insulation that shows a minimal microphonic effect.

The lower treble region of the Aria Snow Edition is more highlighted and detailed compared to the upper treble register. The lower treble range shows an audible roll-off after the 6 kHz region that is tuned in a controlled manner. The presence of this area creates an efficient sense of clarity while listen to percussions, flutes or pianos. The upper treble region is less energetic and detailed, while it offers a sufficient grade of extension when I do listen to instruments such like hi-hats or cymbals. The sense of airiness and sparkle that is produced in this area is on a moderate level. snare. Lots of the low-end vocals as well, because male vocals are going to have the fundamental below 200Hz in All in all, the Snow sound more technical and have cleaner resolution but isn’t as immersive and musical to my ears as the lusher and more energic Topaz.Combines HRTF and Room Response Function, offers a real timbre performance, a real frequency distribution, and a more accurate instrumental timbre. Does scale with better source,best to pair with some dynamic dac such as Questyle’s M15 or Tri TK2 to give the top end a little more energy if you prefer Mids are lush and it is very evident in Sinne Eeg’s We’ve Just Begun,plenty of details in the midrange and very pleasant to listen to when paired with Questyle’s M15

Both the Ikko OH2 and the Moondrop Aria Snow Edition do feature a single dynamic driver configuration. The Aria Snow Edition has a CNC engraved Metal housing while the OH2 has a monitor shell made from Metal and Transparent Polycarbonate material. All in all, while Moondrop IEMs begin to feel like more of the same again and again, they continue to improve their dynamic driver tech to deliver high sound benefit value. Mids are clearer-cleaner and more present in definition with the Snow, but leaner in dynamic and bit thinner in vocal timbre, especially male vocal which are more bodied and upfront with the KAI, for female vocal, its a bit more shouty and fatiguing. With fast busy music the Snow keep its clarity and accuracy unlike Kai that can go messy and unbalanced, especially if their heavy bass line or hit.Seen above is the right side of the MOONDROP Aria Snow Edition installed in an anthropomorphic pinna that does well in showing my own experience with these. I have average-sized ears, and found the size L Spring Tips to work best. The relatively small shell size means those with smaller ear conchas will find these to be a good fit. This is why getting the correct tips to seal well is paramount for everyone else. The pre-formed ear hooks can be hit or miss too, but thankfully there is enough wiggle room in the orientation of the IEMs in the concha to where it is generally a non-isssue and should not require re-molding via a hairdryer. If it works well, then the cable will further support the IEMs despite the absence of a cinch for further securement. These are also denser than you would expect, at nearly 9 g each, although physical fatigue is a non-issue with the other factors accounted for. Isolation depends on the seal achieved and the two vents helps overcome pressure build-up inside. The Moondrop Aria SE is different but similar, maybe tuned just more towards my liking, the bass is a little less powerful but more detailed overall.

One of the reasons headphones and earphones in India are more expensive than overseas is because of the Goods & Services Tax in India. Treble is smooth and not fatiguing to listen to despite being slightly more energetic,no sibilance or harshness at all Resolution and imaging is notably superior with the Snow. Treble is more extended too, more snappy, airy and crisp, you have greater amount of clean micro details with the Snow. Soundstage is wider and deeper as well. Timbre is thinner, colder and with greater sens of transparency and less fuzzy texturing. Moondrop is a popular Chinese Portable Audio brand that was once a small studio by several hobbyist engineers, which has been emerged in 2015 with focus on products like Earbuds, In-Ear Monitors and now USB DAC/Amplifier dongles. The Mids are neutral and more transparent, both Aria are well tuned in this but I think the SE is just a little better.

The first thing that comes to my mind looking at the gorgeous Moondrop Aria SE is Game of Thrones reference : Winter is coming. It is just simply well designed and is one of the most beautiful looking IEMs at this price point. It is eye catching! Fit is just perfect. Owing to the perfect fit, it is comfortable to wear for longer durations. I have worn them for 9 hours straight on day and didn't feel any irritation or pain in my ears. But, fit is going to vary depending on the individual. The white metal body of the Aria SE stays 3-4°C below the surrounding temperature and gives a cool/relaxed feeling to my ears which gets hot quite a lot. The passive noise isolation with the spring tips is really good. Treble regions are where both of them are different. OH2 is smooth and non fatiguing at all,whereas Aria Snow Edition is slightly more energetic but still possibly to be considered as safe by some Timbre is as said on the dry and cold side, even with warm euphonic dongle like the Xduoo Link2 Bal, the Snow keep and icy feel to the female vocal for ex. Density is on the thin side too, yet well textured and nuanced in colors…but far from lush or full bodied. Let say we have more presence of timbre skin than meat (or tofu if your vegan)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment