276°
Posted 20 hours ago

West Ham United FC BRXLZ Medium Logo

£13.5£27.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The ground was developed and improved over the following decades. However, in August 1944 much of that good work was ruined when a German V-1 flying bomb landed on the south-west corner of the pitch. The bomb not only caused severe damage to the ground, but the resulting fire also gutted the Club's offices and destroyed historical records and documents. War time damage to the Boleyn Ground Looking at Smith’s completed stadiums it would be reasonable to assume that meticulous planning had gone into the creation. Well, no doubt West Ham will be flogging all types of things from the ground as a buyable memento of the famous stadium, but if you are a AFOL like myself, methinks you can go one better. West Ham United moved to the stadium now known as the Boleyn Ground for the start of the 1904/05 season.

The last and largest of the Boleyn Ground stands to be replaced was the West Stand, which was rebuilt as a 15,000-seat structure and opened by HM The Queen in 2001. The new West Stand contains a hotel, executive boxes and other facilities. And it is the last year that West Ham play at this historic ground in Green Street in East London. I have been watching them at least once (now that I am abroad) since 1994 and hopefully for a final time towards the end of November against West Brom. The ground will be demolished and we move to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Stadium in Stratford for the start of 2016/17 season. I have seen my heroes play there, some sublime games, and memorable results but it will be no more next year. Building a stadium from hundreds of pieces of themoplastic polymer understandably takes a lot of time and effort. I made a replica of Dulwich Hamlet’s Champion’s Hill. We did an event at the local club where school kids came along. We did a Lego morning and they all designed their own future Dulwich Hamlet stadium – it was great fun.

Time, money and effort

If he can continue to do as well as he’s doing, why should he not look forward to being a legend at this club? There have been some unbelievable names connected to West Ham and he’s got a chance of becoming one – if he’s not already one.”

Deepdale (Preston North End): This was fun. I had to get faces laser printed onto the Lego to make it work. 40 out of 92 For three years the Crystal Palace supporter has been addicted to building Lego models of British football stadiums. Where it all began: A Lego-built Selhurst Park Me thinks that you have to be a somewhat diehard fan to get one of these. I love my club, but this is a little extreme even for me, mainly because as mentioned before, I would have no where to display it and I could not take it apart. And if I did get hold of it, there would be the huge temptation to fiddle around with it and see how it can be improved. The actual stadium was built on a plot of land next to and in the grounds of Green Street House. The field in which the pitch was to be laid was originally used to grow potatoes and cabbages and, as such, the pitch was often referred to by the locals as 'The Potato Field' or 'The Cabbage Patch', while the ground itself was originally named ‘The Castle’ during its initial 1904/05 season. West Ham's first game at their new home was against Millwall on 1 September 1904. It drew a crowd of 10,000, the majority of whom were rewarded as West Ham ran out 3-0 winners.

Oops! we have lost that page.

The following year, on 17 October 1970, a record league attendance of 42,322 turned out to watch the Hammers draw 2-2 with rivals Tottenham Hotspur in Division One. The stadium shortly before redevelopment work began This Lego representation is available for you to buy as a permanent reminder of the famous ground, a unique once in a lifetime gift for any Hammers fan.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment