276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Adventurers

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was SO good. I can't even words right now. Usually, my fangirling is saved for YA or adult books, but The Adventurers Guild is definitely worth a girly squeal or two. Not only is Dax a character that pops to life, but this is true of the secondary characters as well. I try to be as flexible as possible - if you have any specific requirements, please get in touch! Works with a b c d e f "The Adventurers - History". AFI Catalog of Feature Films. American Film Institute . Retrieved May 10, 2019. Our pupils were hooked… every bookworm’s perfect day.” Headteacher, Kemsing Primary School School Visits

I can't wait to see how these characters grow and develop in further books. A definite must-read if you enjoy middle grade fantasy. Thompson, Howard (March 26, 1970). "Harold Robbins's 'Adventurers' Whoops Across Three Screens". The New York Times. 58.

Our website is currently unavailable

Recent bookings include delivering primary school workshops; being a panellist on a writing & publishing careers event for university students and an interview with BBC Radio Kent. Testimonials You don’t necessarily need 50,000 words to bring the thrill of adventure to life! If you only have 30 minutes on hand, the below short stories will be able to whet your appetite. In the Adventurers Robbins draws a poignant picture of a man who, in devotion to his country and driven by a desire to help the helpless, is used by the people he loves and trusts and ultimately cast aside in the bonfire of their own shortcomings. I was surprised by how funny this book is. I laughed out loud at several points, including when Joey’s sister punches someone out to defend her. It. Was. Glorious.

Many years ago a Mage did the unthinkable and opened a portal to another world, letting in an array of deadly creatures that reeked havoc and killed many. Years later the people are confined to their Kingdoms protected by wards, not venturing out beyond their great walls in fear of what still inhabits their world. The Adventurers Guild is the most dangerous guild in Freestone, one of the last remaining cities. Those who join usually die young, fighting off the monsters that live beyond the wall. So when Zed Kagari, a young sorcerer, is drafted, he's not exactly happy about the situation. His best friend volunteers to join as well, following Zed into the most dangerous adventure of their lifetime. While at the guild they meet Liza, a whip-smart, well-trained noble, and Jett, a brave and kind dwarf. Together the band of recruits must work together to save the city from the dangers lurking outside the walls and within. The characters are all so lovable! Don't get me wrong we obviously have our 'bad guys' but even they were written in such a way I ultimately loved their characters, even if it was in a love-hate kind of way. Also all the different monsters/creatures such as the Naga, Kobold, and Penanggalam, to our elves and dwarfs. And then there is the MAGIC! I love a good magic-based story, because who doesn't want to believe magic is real, want to be able to do magic or make magical things happen.Liza ist wie Hermine ein unglaublich selbstbewusste und intelligente kleine Person. Sie wuchs als Adelige auf und überzeugt durch überaus „schlagkräftige“ Argumente ;-) This fantasy midgrade was a tour de force; a character-driven, well-developed, laugh out loud funny, spooky, exciting read. Without her scrubs on, she looked like a normal person. Her hair was pulled into a low ponytail, with a few strands falling around her face. It wasn’t fair for her to look so cool and put together at 11 p.m. Was she really a vet? In a surprising twist of fate, both boys end up in the Adventurers Guild, which is charged with protecting their city from magical monsters that live outside the city walls. While an important guild, it's misunderstood and feared by most people. Born as Harold Rubin in New York City, he later claimed to be a Jewish orphan who had been raised in a Catholic boys home. In reality he was the son of well-educated Russian and Polish immigrants. He was reared by his pharmacist father and stepmother in Brooklyn.

Wow guys, this book blew me away. I devoured it in one sitting. It combined so many different elements- magic, dwarves, elves, monsters, fantasy, horror, and the apocalypse! You see, these are not things that I would ever think to put together. In fact, before I read this book, if someone were to have suggested this combination I probably would have looked at them funny. But Clark and Eliopulos did an absolutely fantastic job here. The components melded together seamlessly, seeming natural and flowing. They fit the storyline perfectly, mixing into a new cross-genre piece of art. Every time a new element was thrown into the mix, I was impressed by how well it fit. All upcoming public events are going ahead as planned and you can find more information on our events blog Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was a cute, fast, fantasy read about friendship and adventures and I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel. Joey stared in surprise as she recognized the woman. “Oh hey, you’re the laundromat bag lady!” She said without thinking. As a young boy, Diogenes Alejandro Xenos (“Dax”) witnesses the brutal rape and murder of his mother and sister by government troops—experiencing the drama of revolution, loss, and tragedy firsthand. He is sent to Europe by the victorious rebel leader to rebuild his country’s diplomatic and financial status post-revolution, and is immediately thrown into the elite environment of Europe’s jet set society of international bankers and diplomats.Howard Thompson of The New York Times opened his review by stating, "On the screen, 'The Adventurers' turn out to be an even duller bunch of meatballs than they were in Harold Robbins's best-selling novel." [7] Arthur D. Murphy of Variety called it "a classic monument to bad taste ... marked by profligate and squandered production opulence; inferior, imitative and curiously old-hat direction; banal, ludicrous dialog; sub-standard, lifeless and embarrassing acting; cornball music; indulgent, gratuitous and boring violence; and luridly non-erotic sex." [8] Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribune gave the film 1 star out of 4 and wrote, "'The Adventurers' has nothing to recommend it. It is not erotic. It is not funny. It is violent to the point of obscenity and is as much the story of why film companies are losing millions as it is the story of Harold Robbins' best-selling novel." [9] Neil Gaiman came up with the idea for this book when he miswrote “Caroline” as “Coraline” one day. In this dark fantasy novella, Coraline Jones moves into an old house with a mysterious door. A neighbor tells her: “Don’t go through the door.” Of course, Coraline goes through the door — only to find a world that she could never have imagined. Alle 12jährigen Kinder von Freestone werden am Tag der Zeremonie einer der Gilden zugewiesen. Meist ist es die Gilde, in der sie aufgewachsen sind, wie z.B. die Gilde der Händler, Diener, Zauberer, Heiler. Aber es gibt auch Gilden, die so gefährlich sind, dass dort Niemand hineingeboren wird – wie die Gilde der Schattenläufer. Daher müssen sie sich ihre Lehrlinge auf andere Weise beschaffen…

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment