276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS Vivobook 15 X515JA 15.6" Full HD Laptop (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD, Windows 11)

£309.63£619.26Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The VivoBook 15's 15.6-inch, 1920 x 1080 NanoEdge display offers little bezel on either side of the laptop, with a bit more at the top to accommodate the webcam. But beyond its widescreen look, the display's dim color profile and weird viewing angles make it an underwhelming device for consuming online video. It made episodes of vintage TV shows like Baywatch, already with a worn-in color palette, look older than they are, while movies like the recent remake of Emma were extremely hard to see in dark scenes. Our Handbrake video transcoding tests gave the VivoBook 15 another chance to get outperformed. The VivoBook 15 managed to transcode 4K video to 1080p resolution within 28 minutes and 33 seconds. The Acer Aspire 5 and HP 15 were much faster, transcoding at 21:55 and 25:53, respectively. The VivoBook 15 was faster than the 40 minute average for other budget laptops that took this test. Asus VivoBook 15 review: Battery Life

There’s no support for Windows Hell IR facial recognition, nor is there a fingerprint scanner. Performance Certified Refurbished. They are professionally tested and restored to Factory default state. May have light cosmetic blemishes in some cases.Taking the base off the Vivobook 15 is a painless operation, and once inside, you can swap out the 2280 PCIe 4 SSD and replace the 8GB RAM card in the one free slot, the other 8GB being soldered to the motherboard. The wireless card is also easy to access, and surprisingly, the MediaTek card supports the 6GHz Wi-Fi 6E wavelength. The VivoBook 15 is consistent and capable at distributing heat, and it felt temperate enough to use on my lap. In lab tests, the VivoBook 15's keyboard measured about 72 degrees Fahrenheit throughout, while the underside measured higher at 91 degrees. Overall, the laptop never felt too hot to use.

When it comes to that all-important battery life, the Asus VivoBook S15 does well here too, even though it might not be breaking any records. We were able to get 7-8 hours of use away from a charger, which is decent for a laptop this size, although we weren't really doing anything too demanding. In our standard two-hour video streaming test – maximum brightness, low volume – the laptop dropped from 100 percent to 75 percent, suggesting it lasts for around 8 hours overall. We estimate Windows 11 support will end in October 2031. However, this laptop may be compatible with a future version of Windows that gets support beyond this date There's also a MicroSD slot, which is a nice-to-have and allows adding on storage space, but I would have preferred a standard SD slot to work with my DSLR on the go. Asus VivoBook 15 review: Display Empower your dynamic lifestyle! With an overall weight of just 1.8 kg2, the extremely portable ASUS X515/S515 is the lightweight laptop that keeps up with your fast-paced lifestyle. It looks good, too, with its Transparent Silver or Slate Grey finish.With up to an Intel® Core i7 processor, ASUS X515 helps you get things done swiftly and efficiently. The bottom-facing dual speakers on the Asus VivoBook 15 need a little boost. You can listen to music and watch a movie without headphones, but the sound will seem as if it's strained. The Midnight’s Deep Blue’s strong melody, for example, came through clearly enough, while the vocals seemed as if they were coming in from a distance. Bassier genres of music, like house and synthwave, sound just as hollow, and sometimes it's hard to hear vocals even on podcasts. While I was watching Emma, I could barely hear the dialogue with the laptop set down on a table. You're better off pairing the laptop with external speakers to listen to anything. inch, FHD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 aspect ratio, IPS-level Panel, 60Hz refresh rate, 250nits, 45% NTSC color gamut, Anti-glare display, Non-touch screen, (Screen-to-body ratio)83%

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment