276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Most do Terabithii

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

YOLi sa zameriava na literatúru v žánroch young adult a new adult, teda prevažne pre „mladých dospelých“ vo veku približne 13 - 21 rokov. Ponúka široké spektrum prekladov súčasnej tvorby, od dystopie či fantasy až po romance. Priestor tu dostáva veľa svetoznámych autorov a autoriek, medzi inými aj John Green, Jamie McGuirová, Lauren Kateová, Erica Johansenová, Anna Toddová či Rainbow Rowellová. It made Jess ache inside to watch his dad grab the little ones to his shoulder, or lean down and hug them. It seemed to him that he had been thought too big for that since the day he was born. Creating secret hideouts in the woods with intricate details was one of my favorite hobbies when I was young. A few books by Enid Blyton acted as a catalyst for this behavior. So when I read about the magical kingdom of Terabithia, many nostalgic thoughts passed through my mind. Přes tento fakt absolutní nekouzelnosti však kniha pracuje s motivy fantasy a to velice elegantně. Obsahuje obry, zlé, i dobré duchy, paláce, i chrámy. Nejdůrazněji je však pracováno s jedním motivem. Motivem portálu. Letopisy Narnie, Harry Potter, Alenka v říši divů, ale ve své podstatě i některá Shakespearova dramata, stejně jako mnoho dalších obsahují tento motiv. Ať je jím skříň, ďoura, přepážka, nebo hranice lesa. Nebo také provaz a sráz. Portály otevírají cestu ro říše fantasie. A to někdy doslovněji a někdy méně. Jejich společným znakem je však také to, že vedle otevírání těchto cest, umí je také zavírat. A někoho v oněch říších uzamknout. S tímto motivem autorka pracuje precizně a já smekám.

Maria Nikolajeva text srovnává s jinými díly dětské literatury, které otevírají otázku smrti, jako jsou například romány Astrid Lindgrenové, jako je Mio, můj Mio nebo Bratři Lví srdce. Most do země Terabithia smrtí přítelkyně a duchovní průvodkyně podle ní ještě zřetelněji než v těchto románech „otevírá cestu k dospělosti“. [5] Filmová adaptace [ editovat | editovat zdroj ] Sexismus je snad na každém řádku, páni Leslie nenosí šaty, má krátké vlasy, ta je tak neobyčejná, někdo nenosí rtěnku to je nečekané, Jessie rád kreslí to je holčičí, jeho sestry jsou namyšlené fifleny. Also, you won't understand the reason for the title of this book until you read it, but please, don't do any research or investigation, since the impact of the story depends of that you don't know anything ahead. All the way home in the sunshine Miss Edmunds told funny stories about going to college one year in Japan, where all the boys had been shorter than she, and she hadn’t known how to use the toilets. Jess's character is amusing. He's that personality which says there's always sunshine after a rainy day.

And there's no real reflection on this. It just happens, and is taken for granted, even by the enlightened Leslie who seems more proud that she gave good advice than horrified by how many parents beat their kids. I tell you that too, just to make you understand that if you want to read this book expecting something in the style of Harry Potter or Narnia, you will get a real disappointment, BUT if you are looking to read an amazing, coming-to-age story, you will read one of the best books in that area, genre and/or topic. People are always asking me questions I don't have answers for. One is, "When did you first know that you wanted to become a writer?" The fact is that I never wanted to be a writer, at least not when I was a child, or even a young woman. Today I want very much to be a writer. But when I was ten, I wanted to be either a movie star or a missionary. When I was twenty, I wanted to get married and have lots of children. Práve po tomto lane sa Jesse aLeslie dostávajú na druhú stranu – do Terabithie. Vdivom lese, medzi stromami si budujú svoje vlastné kráľovstvo vktorom vládnu ich pravidlá. Nielen že sa hrajú, nielen že sa zbližujú (nebojte sa, nie je to Modrá lagúna), ale učia sa niečo sami osebe. Najmä to, že aj mimo Terabithie môžu chodiť snarovnaným chrbtom.

Bohužel je dost znát doba kdy byla kniha napsána, tenkrát možná v něčem překvapivá, dnes akorát plná stereotypů. Upřímně nevím zda mi všechny ty nepříjemné žvásty bránily vidět magii kolem Terabithie, nebo tam prostě žádná magie nebyla.On the same note, children can benefit from seeing the method for entering Terabithia changing with Jess and with Terabithia’s significance to Jess. In the beginning, entering Terabithia involves a scary trip swinging across a river on a rope. In the end, Jess builds a bridge to Terabithia, changing one of its key characteristics and symbolizing the increased ease Jess has with accessing what he learned from Terabithia. In the end, Jess seeks to open Terabithia’s lessons to his younger sister, Joyce Ann. “And when he finished, he put flowers in [Joyce Ann’s] hair and led her across the bridge-the great bridge into Terabithia-which might look to someone with no magic in them like a few planks across a nearly dry gully…” Jess leads Joyce Ann into this kingdom of learning and evolution, a confident adolescent, just as the confident Leslie had done for him once. He has learned from Leslie, about himself and his insecurities, and about life, and can share these lessons with Joyce Ann. I need to mention one thing I wasn't particularly fond of. Janice Avery (a minor character) reveals to her friends that her father beats her - "the kind of beating they send you to jail for" says Leslie. And at the advice of Leslie, Janice decides to pretend that her father is innocent, and that her friends are just spreading "rumors" all over school. The author says something like "kids shouldn't ever betray their parents, and that's just what Janice Avery had done." See the contradiction? "Honour thy father and thy mother" - "Domestic abuse is wrong, no matter what". I don't think this kind of conflict belongs in a children's novel, even as a very minor vehicle for plot development. I wish the author had omitted that, or at least found an acceptable solution. Patterson instills into this book many important thematic elements of a great story in a manner that younger students will be able to identify with some thought on the book. Foreshadowing, character development, symbolism, and a clear connected thread and purpose are present throughout the whole story as Jess makes friends with the new girl Leslie, learns important lessons from her that help him to become more confident, and then is forced to say goodbye when she dies entering their imaginary land of Terabithia. Zaujalo mě uchopení Jessových myšlenek na konci knihy, hlavně při jeho setkání s Lesliiným otcem. A pak také hrdinovo syrově střízlivé uvědomí, že strast, kterou ve svých deseti letech zažil, nebude v životě jediná: „Pokud jde o příští hrůzy a utrpení – nenamlouval si, že už má všechna za sebou –, člověk prostě musí čelit svému strachu a nedopustit, aby z něho byla padavka.“

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment