276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Oxford Junior Dictionary

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As he stroked his closeclipped white whiskers and ran his hand through the rumpled grey locks above his jutting brows, his disrespectful junior partner thought how much he looked like the Family Physician annoyed with a patient whose symptoms refuse to be classified. junior, jongere, mindere شَخْص صَغير السِّن، تلميذ في المدرسة الأعداديَّه по-млад mais novo mladší (sourozenec, žák, zaměstnanec) der/die Jüngere, der/die Untergeordnete; jünger yngre; underordnet νεότερος, κατώτερος, υφιστάμενος menor noorem فرد کوچکتر یا کهتر nuorempi cadet, ette, subalterne, junior תַּלמִיד בְּשָנָה שְלִישִית कनिष्ठ, छोटा, उम्र में छोटा mladac, mlađi fiatalabb (mint); alsós yang muda ungur maður; nÿliði; yngri; unglinga- giovane; minore; subalterno; elementare 年下の (人) 연하의 사람, 신참, 지위가 낮은 사람, 하급자, 후배 jaunesnis, jaunesnysis jaunākais; pakļautais; padotais; juniors lebih muda jonger, jongst yngre, junior-, av lavere rang; elev/student i nest siste skoleår; yngre elever młody, junior كشر، وړوكى: وړوكىسړى ( په سن كې ) كشرسړى، په عمركوچنى mais novo junior; subaltern; cadet младший mladší (súrodenec, žiak, zamestnanec ap. Kid-friendly meanings from the reference experts at Merriam-Webster help students build and master vocabulary. Fun facts about the pictures help children build new vocabulary, and speech bubbles feature useful phrases and additional vocabulary. Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its licensors.

The Oxford Junior Dictionary - Google Books

Anthony Seldon, the master of Wellington College, a leading private school in Berkshire, said: "I am stunned that words like "saint", "buttercup", "heather" and "sycamore" have all gone and I grieve it. Collins is a major publisher of Educational, Language and Geographic content, and has been publishing innovative, inspiring and informative books for over 200 years. A revised edition of the bestselling Oxford Junior Dictionary with a new supplement section on word origins. Pocket, Junior's, idea of Shortly was not mine, for I had nearly maddened myself with looking out for half an hour, and had written my name with my finger several times in the dirt of every pane in the window, before I heard footsteps on the stairs. Audio for all the words, phrases, and songs featured in the book is available online and via the accompanying app, so children can listen and perfect their pronunciation.I was the junior in her, a third mate, keeping watch with the chief officer; and it was just during one of the night watches in a strong, freshening breeze that I overheard two men in a sheltered nook of the main deck exchanging these informing remarks. After the removal of the cloth, and the singing of Non Nobis (beautifully executed, and in which we were at no loss to distinguish the bell-like notes of that gifted amateur, WILKINS MICAWBER, ESQUIRE, JUNIOR), the usual loyal and patriotic toasts were severally given and rapturously received. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.

English for Everyone Junior English Dictionary | DK UK

million copies in over 90 countries - this dictionary covers all the essential vocabulary young learners will need to take their first steps towards learning English. Charming scenes and illustrations help put each word in context, and catchy songs make the process of learning and saying new words fun. Includes simple and clear entries, topic word lists to support key subject vocabulary and activities to help with spelling and grammar. anak yngri junior, figlio 2世 보다 나이 어린 사람의 jaunesnysis juniors panggilan kepada anak yang sama nama dengan bapanya junior den yngre junior, młodszy كشر، وړوكى filho fiu младший junior mlajši mlađi (po starosti) junior, den yngre ใช้แสดงให้รู้ว่าเป็นลูกชายของบุคคลที่ยังคงมีชีวิตอยู่และมีชื่อเดียวกับตน küçük, genç (父子同名時,在兒子的名字前面加)小. Oxford University Press, which produces the junior edition, selects words with the aid of the Children's Corpus, a list of about 50 million words made up of general language, words from children's books and terms related to the school curriculum.

adder, ass, beaver, boar, budgerigar, bullock, cheetah, colt, corgi, cygnet, doe, drake, ferret, gerbil, goldfish, guinea pig, hamster, heron, herring, kingfisher, lark, leopard, lobster, magpie, minnow, mussel, newt, otter, ox, oyster, panther, pelican, piglet, plaice, poodle, porcupine, porpoise, raven, spaniel, starling, stoat, stork, terrapin, thrush, weasel, wren. Building on the worldwide success of the English for Everyone and English for Everyone Junior series - which have sold more than 1. By ensuring our monolingual and bilingual dictionaries, as well as our reference titles reflect language as it is used today, Collins remains the favourite choice among students, teachers and translators. At the back of the book, a helpful reference section covers essential topics such as numbers, time, and shapes. Vineeta Gupta, the head of children's dictionaries at Oxford University Press, said: "We are limited by how big the dictionary can be – little hands must be able to handle it – but we produce 17 children's dictionaries with different selections and numbers of words.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment