276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Half Moon: The compelling new novel from the New York Times bestselling author

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There aren't enough real-life stories about marriages, so I do appreciate Keane's choice to make this a central plot point. Neither one was perfect and both made mistakes but through it all they were still good people at their core. this was one book in a lineup of lit fic exploring motherhood i've accidentally been picking up, one after the other, and still i enjoyed it and it stood out. She is the author of The Walking People, Fever, and Ask Again, Yes, which was a New York Times Best Seller and was translated into twenty-two languages.

The Half Moon: The compelling new novel from the New York

At some point, you have to start figuring out how to protect yourself and your personhood within this unit. Instead of focusing on one, you have to focus on many but none were in-depth enough to hold my interest or I just didn’t find it interesting.

And that’s part of their problem…neither of them able to communicate their true feelings very well, to each other or themselves. A quick and impactful read that will stay with you long after you finish it” ( theSkimm), The Half Moon takes place over the course of one week when Malcolm learns shocking news about Jess, a patron of the bar goes missing, and a blizzard hits the town of Gillam, trapping everyone in place. At the heart of this story are Malcolm and Jess, a recently separated married couple grappling with some major life hurdles. After having read and loved the author’s previous novel “Ask Again, Yes”, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this newest release. As is so often the case, tunnel vision and selfishness get in the way of understanding and forgiveness.

The Half Moon: A Novel - Mary Beth Keane - Google Books The Half Moon: A Novel - Mary Beth Keane - Google Books

His wife, Jess is dedicated to her law career, but what she wants more than anything else is to be a mother.With a deft eye and generous spirit, Keane explores the disappointments and unexpected consolations of midlife, the many forms forgiveness can take, the complicated intimacy of small-town living, and what it means to be a family. In my opinion there were a lot of positives to that book but also several disappointing issues as well. It becomes a catalyst for introspection, forcing Jess and Malcolm to confront the demons that haunt them.

THE HALF MOON | Kirkus Reviews THE HALF MOON | Kirkus Reviews

While the story comes down clearly on the side of all-encompassing love, Mallery has struck a careful balance: There is just enough sex to be spicy, just enough swearing to be naughty, and just enough heartbreak to avoid being cloying. The story takes place over one week in the midst of a blizzard, utilizing flashbacks to gain an understanding of Malcolm and Jess’s past.

to be honest i am very confused to see this low average rating, because while these characters are definitely unlikable, i found myself liking them anyway. The story is told mostly over a week when a snowstorm shuts down the small commuter town of Gillam, New York. Most businesses had heeded the weather forecast and closed in advance of the coming storm, but when Malcolm approached the traffic light and saw his own squat, brown-shingled building at the bottom of the hill, something lifted in his chest and he leaned over the steering wheel.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment