276°
Posted 20 hours ago

India Express: easy & delicious one-tin and one-pan vegan, vegetarian & pescatarian recipes – by the bestselling ‘Roasting Tin’ series author

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

India Express is a substantial book packed with great ideas for quick-to-prepare dishes with some punchy flavours that are not overly spicy. Creative and unusual ingredient combinations abound, and the book is infused with the classic Bengali and South Indian flavours of curry leaf, Nigella seed, coconut, lime, and cardamom. Keeping with her ethos of ‘minimum effort, maximum flavour’, these dishes are vibrant, achievable and moreish. I used cod which is what I had in the fridge and it sat for a couple of hours until I was ready to cook.

I served the fish with a pot of masoor dal which was also a very simple recipe and utterly delicious. They’ve transformed the cookery space in the UK, leading the one-tin, one-pot and one-pan revolution, and remain firm favourites among fans of maximum-flavour, minimum-hassle cooking. Now, Iyer has written India Express, From Kolkata to Chennai, which is filled with 75 vegan, vegetarian and fish dishes.They would eat wherever they could and collect family recipes from South and East India along the way. India Express grew from conversations Iyer had with her parents about the train journeys they used to take across India.

The first thing I made from it was Chingri Macher Malai, spiced prawns in coconut milk, which took minutes to prep, simmered quietly for just under half an hour, and was perfect on buttered white rice. There is a lot to choose from in this new cookbook which is timely because as the weather cools my mind and stomach turn to food that warms and comforts. Keeping with her ethos of 'minimum effort, maximum flavour', these dishes are vibrant, achievable and moreish. I was intrigued to discover what flavours would develop with a quick turnaround of ingredients into a meal.In the early days of their relationship, the pair would embark on long train journeys between her mum’s native Kolkata to her dad’s native Chennai to visit one another. Packed full of inspiration for speedy curries, fragrant rice dishes, as well as snacks, drinks and desserts and much more, this beautiful cookbook is at once inspiring and practical, with plenty for fans of Rukmini’s Roasting Tin series. From quick snacks and weeknight curries to simple desserts, Rukmini Iyer, bestselling author of the Roasting Tin series has created a collection of South Indian and Bengali-inspired recipes with a modern twist. There are six books in that collection ranging from one on vegan and vegetarian dishes, another on barbeque and one on desserts.

These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. I was pleased to find that the recipes are pescatarian in that they are either vegetarian, vegan or fish based. The idea for Rukmini Iyer’s seventh collection of recipes came about from a conversation with her parents. From easy traybakes to speedy curries, discover 10 of our favourite recipes from Rukmini Iyer’s brand new cookbook India Express. India Express, therefore, references not only the train journey but the speed with which home cooks can prepare the recipes.Rukmini is also the author of The Green Barbecue, a collection of vegetarian and vegan barbecue recipes. Having grown up in a time when travel was restricted to local holidays, she has spent her adult life fulfilling a desire to see the world. Here to show you that you can still indulge in bakes, puddings and sweet treats, this collection of lighter recipes is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment