276°
Posted 20 hours ago

She Drives Me Crazy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The secondary characters were all great. I especially loved the wonderful and supportive tight-knit group of friends as I always do with Kelly Quindlen(excluding trashbag Clay from HNITS, of course.) After losing spectacularlyto her ex-girlfriend in their first basketball game since their break up, Scottie Zajac gets into a fender bender with the worst possible person: her nemesis, the incredibly beautiful and incredibly mean cheerleading captain, Irene Abraham. Things only get worse when their nosey, do-gooder moms get involved and the girls are forced to carpool together until Irene’s car gets out of the shop. She Drives Me Crazy is the perfect romcom. It’s the kind of romance that is sizzling with chemistry, but still manages to be utterly earnest and heartfelt. A must-read for every romcom fan.”—Adiba Jaigirdar, author of The Henna Wars Things are never easy when love is involved, and Quindlen ( Late to the Party) offers a queer refresh of multiple romance genre standbys: enemies to friends (Irene once had Scottie’s car towed), fake dating, sports romance, and surmounting a broken heart. Add in a supportive family whose members actually like each other, and the result is a satisfyingly feminist rom-com mash-up."— Publishers Weekly i've never cared much about sports stories (unless it's a league of their own or something), but sapphic enemies-to-lovers fake dating between basketball star and cheerleader?? yes please.

After losing to her ex-girlfriend in their first basketball game since their breakup, Scottie Zajac gets into a fender bender with the worst person possible: her head cheerleader nemesis Irene Abraham. Irene is as mean as she is beautiful, and Scottie makes a point to keep her distance, only their little car accident means the girls are forced to ride together to school. Every day. She Drives Me Crazy is cheesy and campy and angsty in the absolute best way possible. With brilliant character development and dynamics, an exploration of heartbreak, the effects of a toxic relationship and the importance of looking past preconceptions, Kelly Quindlen has created a story that will resonate with lots of teens, especially queer ones. The characters of She Drives Me Crazy are messy and flawed which just makes them all the more real. With nods to classic rom coms and expert trope usage, this book is perfect for anyone looking for some good teen fun, a lovely sapphic romance and expertly written characters. The classic, unavoidable, miscommunication trope (sigh). There was no reason for that, and the ex-drama that was randomly interwoven with that was also annoying and frustrating. The point guard does that hand-twirl signal when she wants the forwards to cross-swap,” she says in a hushed tone. “They’re gonna run out to the wings to pull the attention away from the top of the key—”Irene is as mean as she is beautiful, and Scottie makes a point to keep her distance, only their little car accident means the girls are forced to ride together to school. Every day. I think this book was really your typical heartwarming YA novel, complete with the tropes and cliches we all know and love. It was super light and funny, but with a good balance of angst and character growth, which made it really enjoyable. The crowd starts booing me. The Candlehawk players throw me scathing, superior looks, except for Tally, who grimaces like I’ve become unhinged. My coach freezes where she stands, clearly unsure of what a technical foul is. Scottie's love interest, Irene was the star of the book for me. She was charismatic and blew life into every single scene she was in. Also I just loved her banter with Scottie. They had amazing chemistry and were afreakingadorable together. The way they slowly went from hating each other to slowly and begrudgingly understanding and supporting each other was wonderful to read. They had the same bad experience of falling in love with with someone who treated them terribly which sorta helped them relate to each other better. And I loved their big gay journey from enemies to fake lovers to lovers. The narration of the audiobook by Piper Goodeve, was great. I felt like I watched a movie when I was done. All the characters came alive and felt like they had their own voices. It didn’t feel like anyone was just slightly different, instead I could easily tell which character was talking from their unique voice and this is a large cast since it takes place at high school, parties, and with families. Minus one dad character voice that was pretty over the top, I think this is one of the more impressive audiobook narrations I’ve heard before so I would easily recommend it.

An absolutely stunning, but also incredibly important novel about best friends and discovering who you are." —Mason Deaver, bestselling author of I Wish You All the Best This book was executed really well. The banter was lovely, the sexual tension was surprisingly good, and the fake-dating, enemies-to-lovers aspect was just delicious. Scottie just broke up with her girlfriend Tally and lost spectacularly to her in the basketball game. And she is now extremely embarrassed. And there is only one solution to show her ex that she is okay. No not only okay but better and moved on. The public, grand love displays 😖. I'm sorry, I find them so cringey, embarrassing, and unrealistic. I don't find it romantic at all 😭

Perfectly captures the joys and hopes and thrills of being a real, authentic teenager . . . A fantastic read for queer teens today.”—Kacen Callender, Stonewall and Lambda Award–winning author This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story A deeply heartfelt and emotionally honest celebration of late bloomers, queer solidarity, and friendships both old and new. This book has a permanent place in my heart." —Dahlia Adler, author of Under the Lights.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment