276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HiFiMAN Edition XS Stealth Magnets Planar Magnetic Hi-Fi Headphones +Headphone Travel Case-Black

£47.495£94.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The realism of instrument reproduction provided by the XS is excellent and accurate, with little hint of so-called “planar timbre.” Speed and resolution are also on full display without compromise. The magnets are shaped to have the maximum effect on the diaphragm with minimal interference on the sound wave produced. The diaphragm has been made even thinner and lighter (75% thinner according to HiFiMAN) than previous versions and the conductors are improved as well so the new design moves faster and in a more linear fashion reducing noise and distortion. The magnets used within the XS headphones are Stealth magnets which are engineered to be a special shape and enable the waves to pass through the magnet without generating interference. The magnets have been designed to be acoustically transparent, which creates dramatically reduced wave diffraction turbulence that would otherwise degrade the soundwaves generated by the XS. The reduction in distortion means that the XS outputs pure sonics thats are accurate and full range. NEO “Super Nano” Diaphragm (NsD) The midrange response is very behaved, balanced, rarely strays from smoothness, and has a pretty accurate tonality only surpassed by some of their higher-tier headphones. The midrange is somewhat warm, wide, and large sounding but intimate all at once.

Our rating assumes that you value sound quality above all other factors, followed by comfort/build, then price. Questions or Comments? It occurred to me that so many people ask about/refer to “ dynamics.” To keep it simple, dynamics are the variance in loudness. In headphones, it’s a sense of being able to hear and clearly differentiate loud and soft sounds. Even better when there is no loss in resolution or clarity. The midrange of the Edition XS is crystal clear and slightly attenuated to bring out a smiley-face frequency response. Hifiman has expertise in designing and developing planar magnetic headphones. They have multiple successful products which benefit from planar magnetic drivers. The latest Edition XS uses a newly developed planar magnetic driver with an ultra-thin diaphragm coil known as Neo ultra-thin diaphragm. This driver has an impressively fast response resulting in a highly-detailed sound with lower distortion.

Why buy from us?

The window shade outer cup design is metal. The asymmetrical ear cups have enough freedom to articulate (rotate and tilt) to adapt to most users’ heads. 3.5mm connectors are employed to allow for easy cable swapping.

The XS are immediately recognizable as a HIFIMAN, even without seeing the imprinted name on the headband yolk cover. They share DNA and design language with HIFIMAN’s upper planar headphone line. The XS ear cups articulate well to accommodate head shapes. Company Overview For the bulk of my Edition XS testing, I used the new iFi xDSD Gryphon, which really impressed me when I did my review. I think it’s the best-sounding portable amp they’ve ever made, and I knew its detail and depth would really show me what these headphones are capable of. They have all the expected strengths of a planar without the typical somewhat metallic or sterile-sounding “planar timbre.” Connectivity is seamless with the included detachable cable featuring high-quality gold plated connectors. The Edition XS is also designed to be efficient with a low impedance, making it compatible with a wide range of audio sources, from portable devices to high-end audio systems. With its combination of state-of-the-art technology, comfort-centric design, and versatile connectivity, the HifiMan Edition XS stands as a testament to HifiMan's commitment to delivering an unparalleled audio experience for enthusiasts and music lovers alike. Headphones: Best Price U.K. Surprisingly, a tight pad seal is not required for exceptional sound reproduction. Note that the pads may extend down and apply some pressure to one’s jaws. This is not likely to bother many wearers, thanks to the low clamp force.

High End Connectivity

The improved earcup design and warmer top make the Edition XS nicer for hi-fi listening. The more neutral frequency response of the Sundara makes them a more obvious choice for critical listening. I would say that the overall tonality and resolute abilities are just around 10% or less in general on the Edition XS and veered from true tonality particularly compared to the higher tier HIFIMAN headphones which puts the Edition XS at a very good price-to-performance ratio in my opinion. The company has had a few failures along the way; specifically when it deviated from its core designs, but it is a company that sells a lot of high-end headphones.

Meet the all-new Edition XS from the house of Hifiman. Coming as a successor to the award-winning Hifiman Edition X, the latest Edition XS features all-new Neo Ultra-Thin Diaphragm and Stealth magnetic technologies. The Edition XS is tuned for exceptional performance with high-resolution clarity and detail. The pair also has a new headband for better comfort and durability. From the first minute I heard the Edition XS, I knew I was listening to something special. It seemed like a perfect blend of the Hifiman Ananda and Hifiman SUNDARA, giving me a lot of the detail and openness of the former while providing a lot of the presence and punch of the latter. Next I threw on some jangly 80's indie in the shape of the Wedding Present's George Best. This gave the XS a chance to sparkle in the upper registers and they did just that. The cascading guitars where bright, pinpoint and loads of fun...Gedge's often mumbling heartbroken lyrics were opened up and plainly understandable in the midst of it all. Great stuff, I've owned this record for years and know it inside out yet these revealed things I hadn't grasped before. A cliche I know but there you are.I find the XS’ treble to be nicely balanced with little harshness. Sibilance and splashiness rarely make an appearance unless they are prominent in the recording. While the XS are more forgiving of poor recordings than the Arya, they will still reveal deficiencies and are not as tolerant as many dynamic driver headphones. The XS playing with its kin, the magnificent and powerful HIFIMAN EF400. Where to Buy The bass tuning does produce some punch and slam and it can almost approach the speed of a good electrostatic due to the very thin diaphragm but does so with a poignant character and a good amount of bash. The bass frequencies have acquired some welcomed emotion and musicality compared to some past cool-sounding HIFIMAN cans. That said, the imaging and staging capabilities of the HIFIMAN Edition XS are on a very high level that constantly supplies the listener with lots of precision especially when comparing class and tier. It seems that a certain amount of smear has been lifted by these Stealth Magnets that allows a recording to come through more accurately. Continuing our journey to Helsinki, iconic Finnish power metal band Stratovarius’ new release Broken is great for evaluation, especially the first 30 seconds. Drums are crisp, clean, and fast, with additional sounds coming with distinction and separation. When the vocals come in after 0:23, they are clear and present, without feeling out of place in the mix. Midrange

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment