276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Whole Again: Healing Your Heart and Rediscovering Your True Self After Toxic Relationships and Emotional Abuse

£6.8£13.60Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ellie, now a young woman, joins her parents in Cagliari, where her father works for the Foreign Office.

Whole Again Quotes by Jackson MacKenzie - Goodreads

Anyone who has been abused by someone like tends to go through a period of time where you are obsessively learning about the twisted mind of the person who hurt you. I am so grateful to Jackson for writing this book and for his love and compassion and kindness in the way he delivered his message. Whole Againoffers hope and multiple strategies to anyone who has survived a toxic relationship, as well as anyone suffering the effects of a breakup involving lying, cheating and other forms of abuse–to release old wounds and safely let the love back inside where it belongs. Of course, not every book is a practical, how-to guide that you can apply immediately, and that’s fine.However, once the threat is over, those with C-PTSD may still have a lot of trouble “feeling” emotions, and may end up trying to “think” them instead.

Whole Again: Healing Your Heart and Rediscovering Your True

As Charlie Munger says, “If you get into the mental habit of relating what you’re reading to the basic structure of the underlying ideas being demonstrated, you gradually accumulate some wisdom. Nassim Taleb sums things up with a rule for all readers: “A good book gets better at the second reading. While it’s true that there’s nothing inherently “wrong” with us, the protective self is blocking us from experiencing the wounded feelings that actually need to hear that message.In my notes for The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, I noted how Mark Manson’s idea of “killing yourself” overlaps with Paul Graham’s essay on keeping your identity small. Whole Againoffers hope and multiple strategies to anyone who has survived a toxic relationship, as well as anyone suffering the effects of a breakup involving lying, cheating and other forms of abuse--to release old wounds and safely let the love back inside where it belongs. Engaging the protective self on its terms never actually solves the "core wound" because there's always another "what if. Perfectionists use it to become what they think an ideal spiritual person should look like, eternally seeking to be “good enough” for spiritual love.

Whole Again by Kerry Katona | Waterstones Kerry Katona: Whole Again by Kerry Katona | Waterstones

These conclusions tend to be quite intense and persistent, with a nagging voice that they are the ultimate truth, and anything else we tell ourselves is just a lie to make ourselves feel better. I’m now working on my very first book review, and I’m giving it a lot more thought than the typical reader would give something like this. Science has proven the dangerous impact on health, mental health and actual brain changes that occur.The root of so much emotional trauma and resulting behavior is this unresolved message living in the body, numbed from consciousness, and subsequently blocking our ability to attach and to experience genuine love. As you develop the unconditional love, what you’re essentially looking for is where your body or mind resists this love. As good as it is with describing these problems, thoughts, and feelings, it fails to actually teach you how to properly heal these traumatic wounds and become "whole again. While all these words mean "including everything or everyone without exception," whole implies that nothing has been omitted, ignored, abated, or taken away.

Books Google Books

The story revolves around two boys, Ramu and Chandra, who are friends in school but grow apart as they grow up. It’s a great idea for anybody to examine their own thought patterns and it’s useful just for understanding the people around you better.The root of so much emotional trauma and resulting behavior is this unresolved m It says: “The problem was caused by external events, and the solution will be found in external things. There are several interesting insights, but his recommendations for how to heal are vague and lack adequate justification.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment