276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Converse All Star Hi, Unisex Flat

£33.065£66.13Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Aaron Meza; crailtap (November 30, 2009). "Anthony Pappalardo and (RED)" (Video upload). YouTube. Archived from the original on December 11, 2021 . Retrieved January 20, 2013. Kurt Cobain becomes a new Converse ambassador with the most notoriety and gives a rebellious and artistic image to sneakers previously more attached to the professional world. It should be noted that we were also able to get pictures of Elvis Presley carrying Converses before that. Kareen Copeland (June 8, 2020). "Mystics' Natasha Cloud gets shoe deal from Converse, for her activism as much as her play". The Washington Post . Retrieved November 16, 2020.

a b Grant, Tina (February 14, 2000). International Directory of Company Histories. Vol.31. Detroit, Michigan: St. James Press. ISBN 978-1-55862-390-3. OL 8607051M– via Funding Universe. One of the main focuses for the last five years, he tells MR PORTER, has been the brand’s “Converse Renew” initiative. “When it comes to sustainability, we know that that’s a point of value within our brand and also a connection point with our consumers”. The project’s aims so far have been to explore waste-less material alternatives, including a denim line made from upcycled jeans, “Renew” cotton part manufactured from the brand’s canvas scraps that end up on the cutting room floor, and a partnership with First Mile to turn plastic bottle pollution into canvas. That is not to say that design tweaks weren’t made along the way. “Looking at the first decade and a half of its life… they are constantly updating, tinkering with it in little ways, making improvements to it, whether it was different weights of canvas and rubber or adding corrugation, the little grooves around the outsole,” Mr Smallidge explains. RED)". (RED) Partners. (RED), a division of The ONE Campaign. 2012. Archived from the original on May 28, 2012 . Retrieved October 13, 2012. Low shoes initially created by the firm BF Goodrich (aviation equipment company) in tribute to the influential badminton player. Once under Converse's wing, these shoes will stand the test of time in the same way as the All-Stars, a success that can still be seen today.Verry, Peter (May 30, 2023). "Nike Exec Moves Continue: Converse Taps Jared Carver as President and CEO". Footwear News . Retrieved May 31, 2023. Sutherlin, Margaret (November 19, 2015). "Converse Trademark Lawsuit: Skechers Declares Victory, Mixed Ruling Expected Overall". Footwear News . Retrieved February 11, 2016. Ben Felderstein (October 24, 2019). "Kelly Oubre on Signing to Converse Basketball: "It Felt Like Home" ". complex . Retrieved November 22, 2021. Converse has had an evolution all the more interesting because it has not fallen into the image of the utility shoe. Known only for its resistant and lightweight materials, it aims to be adapted for use in top-level sport as well as on the battlefield. It has marked the trend and pop culture over several decades. Converse Announces New Global Headquarters in the City of Boston". January 8, 2013 . Retrieved May 10, 2018.

Legend would be that it all started with a fall down the stairs. The injured man, a certain Marquis Mills Converse, had the idea of creating the first shoes with rubber soles so that this would never happen again. As a result, in 1908, he founded the Converse Rubber Shoe Company, which at that time only sold stuffed boots with the famous sole, and this is the beginning of Converse's history. Warnett, Gary (December 9, 2015). "CAN IT SKATE?: Skateboarding's History of Cannibalizing the Footwear Market". 032c . Retrieved June 21, 2023.

Over a century of influence

Some Converse products have specific written guarantees and/or warranties. Please read the label, hang tag or warranty card for specific guidelines and return information.

Blair Alley (December 2, 2009). "ANTHONY PAPPALARDO'S PROJECT RED CONS PRO MODEL". Transworld Skateboarding. Bonnier Corporation . Retrieved January 20, 2013. There’s a stark contrast between Mr Taylor and star players of the later era, the likes of Messrs Michael Jordan and Walt “Clyde” Frazier, whose names are still used to sell sneakers nowadays. The Converse coach’s celebrity didn’t come from his prowess on the court – there’s no real evidence to suggest he even played the sport professionally – but through his association with All Stars. In 2003, finding himself overtaken by events, Converse was bought by the giant to the point, which was far from being a disgrace. Considering the star as a father, Nike will give it a new skin. It therefore defines the brand as an immortal style, leaving it with its own point of sale, without touching the mythical models. Although Converse is no longer an independent brand, it is far from being overshadowed by the number one in sportswear. Indeed, since 2003, the brand has multiplied the number of style blends. Among the most popular, we can talk about the long association with Missioni.I got into woodworking about two years ago, through a buddy of mine who I used to skate with every day—he turned into a woodworker. So he gave me this scrap box of wood ... It just definitely started consuming me as skating did. I wanted to read about it, you know? Go on the internet and watch videos about it, and just learn anything and everything I could about woodworking. The first thing I ever made was a bench, and that's, kinda, what I've been making ever since. The cool thing about working with Product (RED) is just by doing the two things that I love, I'm also able to help people. [51] A special collection called "1Hund (RED)", whereby fifteen percent of the profits are used to support HIV/AIDS prevention, was released by the brand. One hundred artists from around the world were chosen to create designs for the collection as part of the (RED) campaign. Professional skateboarder Anthony Pappalardo released a (RED) edition of his high-selling signature skate shoe model in February 2010. [49] [50] Pappalardo explains:

By the end of that decade, the All Star’s sporting futures were nevertheless a cause for concern. The advent of more advanced sportswear technology and increasing demand for leather basketball shoes left Converse’s humble canvas shoe with dwindling representation on the court. Off the court, was a different story, though, with the introduction of the low-top silhouette a few years earlier bringing the shoe to the attention of a non-sporting audience. This dazzling success is an example for all designers and markers in the world of football and business in general. But this kind of career is no longer very surprising nowadays. What does mark people's minds, however, is the star's ability to have been omnipresent at every turn of popular culture and to charm the different generations. Converse lost its athletic shoe monopoly from the 1970s onward, as new competitors, including Puma, Adidas, and Nike, grew in popularity. A decade later, as Reebok introduced new designs and technology to the sports market, Converse was no longer the official shoe of the NBA. [17] Although canvas-rubber shoes regained popularity in the 1980s as casual footwear, Converse eventually became too dependent on the "All Stars" basketball brand, whose market collapsed by 1989–1990. By 2000, Converse was slipping repeatedly into receivership as debt piled up yearly. [18]Converse and Eltra Sued By U.S. on Goodrich Deal". The New York Times. July 4, 1972. ISSN 0362-4331 . Retrieved November 12, 2022. Eltra was acquired by Allied Corporation in 1979. [16] Allied moved out of the consumer products business in the 1980s, and in October 1986, Converse was acquired by Interco Incorporated and spun off in 1994. [14] Brian Farmer (July 20, 2014). "Converse Launches the CONS Weapon Skate Shoe with Short Film featuring Zered Bassett". High Snobiety. Titel Media . Retrieved July 26, 2014.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment