276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop Citadel Pot de Peinture . - Base Caliban Green

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After the second coat, we get additional info that it does indeed do the whole ‘BASE’ function well. You can do a 3rd layer with ease if needed after the wash, which I would say you will be doing if you go with this green. Brush Matters: Choose the right brush size for the area you’re painting to maintain control and precision. I spoke to instar on their facebook page (they are lovely and will go out of their way to help you btw) and they suggested that the sheen would reproduce 1998 dark angels green while the matte would do the same without the period correct slightly glossy finish.

Gold: Liberator Gold -> Wash Army Painter Soft Tone (sepia) -> Mix in more and more Stormhost silver as desired. The colour is also the most neutral of the bunch and of the traditional paints this will be the fastest to go onto the model.We will resolve the issue by sending you replacement items or parts wherever we can or we will offer you an immediate refund if you prefer. As with all of the Citadel paints, it is a non-toxic, water-based acrylic paint designed for use on plastic, metal, and resin Citadel miniatures. I painted in the rest of the colours at this point (I’ll make a list at the end if you want to replicate it) and washed the model with Army Painter Dark Tone (nuln oil for you Gee Dub converts). The green is highlighted on all the models with Warboss Green and then hit with a second highlight of Skarsnik Green as this isn’t as jarring to my eye as the official GW method of Warpstone to Moot Green.

All of our paints are non-toxic, water-based acrylic that are designed for use on plastic, metal, and resin Citadel miniatures. Instar is a new company compared with the two giants above, based in the UK the have their own product line. If you want to know why I just typed that sentence you should look at Lupe’s excellent Throwing Shade Part 1: An Actually Helpful Guide to the Citadel Paint System if you want to know more about it. Crafted for perfection, each shade promises a smooth, consistent coverage that sets the stage for layering, highlighting, and shading. So, all of these miniatures where painted with five kinds of dark green paint by three different manufacturers.Out of all the paints this is the one where I could say it would work with 2 thin coats, no touch up needed. For a more reliable source the Halfords spray paints range is generally good and has all sorts of colours.

I don't know any other companies that have a similar colour in their spraycan range but to be fair I haven't looked very hard. It feels more latex like than the other paints, which is dead-on for how I remember the old citadel paints ‘feeling’. Now, with more time to muse on it I wonder if the heater I have on during winter is drying out my apartment and causing some of the paints to lose moisture a hell of a lot faster.I don’t think this a bad thing though as I normally put down a thin 3 rd layer after I black wash the model, so no harm, no foul on that front. Citadel Base paints are high quality acrylic paints specially formulated for basecoating your Citadel miniatures quickly and easily. Wherever possible we will work with you on items that have been purchased incorrectly or on items you are dissatisfied with upon receipt. Formulated to precisely match the colours in the existing Citadel Paint range, these paints are designed for use with your airbrush*. Some people with a good eye (not me) spotted that Caliban Green wasn’t a 1:1 match up with the Dark Angels Green that it replaced.

Which means that if you’re regular technique is to wash, tidy and black-line a miniature (as per above) then this the paint for you. Vallejo certainly does make a dark green spray paint, however it is part of the 'Hobby Paint' line; they don't do Game Colors as sprays.I've already tried Army Painter Angel Green and I wasn't impressed by how thick it goes on even at 14" away. Your Choice Of Green> -> Washed Army Painter Dark Tone (black wash) -> Highlighted Warboss Green -> Fine highlight Skarskik Green. If you require a service that is fully tracked you must either select the Courier or the International Tracked option. The green remains consistent between pot -> layer 1 -> layer 2 and the initial coverage is the best out of the 4 paints here. Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment