276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BROTHER LS14 Metal Chassis Sewing Machine

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

g. if you book a rental for on Monday evening for Wednesday morning), then this cooling-off period does not apply. It comes with 14 built-in stitch options, including straight, zigzag, and buttonhole stitch, giving users the flexibility to create different types of stitches for their projects. I couldn’t sew perfectly straight with the standard foot, so many of my blind hem stitches didn’t catch the hem!

The stitches were consistent, but when I look at them up close, there’s a weird pucker between them. If automated controls are important to you then you might like to consider a machine classed as Competent, Advanced or Professional. Threading guides such as small arrows or numbers marked on the machine make it easier to see how to thread the upper thread, which is especially helpful for beginners. The included screwdriver is a flat metal piece, so is more slippery than a standard mini screwdriver. You’ll need to experiment with the tension for thin jersey, silk, and chiffon, but you can create (mostly) smooth and flat seams.Using the needle as a pivot, turn the fabric, lower the presser foot lever, and then continue sewing. And the lack of a handle (there is a slot for your hand to grip onto) means that I wouldn’t want to carry this machine far without a strong bag to hold it in! The needle positions on this model also appear to be limited and may only be controlled using the inbuilt stitch presets.

This clever little sewing machine is lightweight and portable, so you can easily stow it away when it’s not in use. Another challenge with this machine is that you have almost no control over the stitch length, width, and needle position. With a voltage of 240v we believe this machine is suitable to use in the UK, but it is always best to consult the information provided by the manufacturer (Brother) or consult a sewing machine distributor prior to purchase to ensure that the machine will work in your region if you are unsure.The machine has a maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches per minute, making it efficient and time-saving. For these reasons I would give this machine the lowest score for accessibility as you may need to ask someone for help to use a few of the functions. There’s a handy thread cutter on the side of the machine, saves you constantly reaching for your snips too! It also comes with a free arm, enabling users to sew cuffs, sleeves, and other circular items with ease. When lifting the machine, be careful not to make any sudden or careless • movements, otherwise you may injure your back or knees.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment