276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Immorality (1978) ( L'Immoralita ) (Blu-Ray)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Morricone's idyllic sounding score is used in many scenes by the director. It is such a simple melody on a piano, succeeded and punctuated by the violins and Edda Dell Orso's singing. Unsurprisingly, the genre presents rich subject matter for first-time filmmakers, whose own coming-of-age is an unlimited inspiration. Their stories are inherently dramatic, but more than that, they’re inherently cinematic – exploring the subjective and sexual gaze, projection of imagination onto reality, and the newly discovered textures of lips and skin. Armand, in the dark does not recognize her and gropes her, while Eliane repels him abruptly. But she is attracted to him, and a relationship begins, that gets more and more abusive as we progress into the story. Another difficult movie like L’immoralita you should consider.

This is the third Lisa Gastoni "mignotta-movie" (to borrow a phrase from Italian Euro-Cult authority Marco Giusti) I've watched – after THANK YOU AUNT (1968) and Fernando Di Leo's SEDUCTION (1973) – in which a middle-aged woman is seduced by a much younger man. Also, like SEDUCTION, here the man is, in turn, seduced by Gastoni's sexually precocious daughter. However, this fact is even more disturbing than the earlier film because the girl involved in this case is not yet 12-years old! There is even one rather graphic love scene between the girl and the man in the bathroom, which follows further nudity as she is seen coming out of the bath and drying out; that it does not feel reprehensible or exploitative is a tribute to the remarkably sensitive performance of Karin Trentephol (who, perhaps unsurprisingly, never made another film appearance) as the girl. I wouldn't really recommend this film. Some people seem to be interested in it due to the graphic sex scenes. I did not find them to be titillating.my question is: how did a film like this ever get made? who were the people who financed this film, and others like it? it seems that for a brief while (in that decade where anything went) if you could conceive a story so depraved, and so totally wrong, there was a good chance of getting it made. Deniz Gamze Erguven’s Mustang is a startling drama about the conservative strictures of a small Turkish village, and how the lives of five orphaned girls – in various stages of adolescence and puberty – are forever changed under their enforcement. Recently nominated for the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, the release of Mustang is a fitting time to reflect on the genre as a whole, and explore ten affecting examples deserving wider recognition. Ponette (1996) in brief, a escaped killer (supposedly child killer) befriends a young girl of roughly 12 years of age. she takes him to her house in a beautiful remote part of the countryside, and hides him in the basement. her mother (a widow, or divorced?) soon learns of his presence in the house, and they eventually become lovers. but it is only to be short lived as this killer will soon meet his fate. The coming-of-age genre is a cinema of first times; moments that, once experienced, can never be replicated with the same knotted sensation of yearning, timidity, and joy. These are films that fulfill our desire to reclaim experience from memory – to relive, in another body, those formative encounters which first ushered us into adulthood.

We are in France in 1940, in the middle of the world war, on the eve of the invasion of the Germans. The charming pharmacist, Eliane and her husband Henri, a man who is a bit of a freak, passionate about poetry, are a conventional bourgeois couple who live their marital routine tediously. L'immoralita is a rather dull thriller-drama with some interesting moments. A child molester-killer who is on the run from the police, coops up with an extremely dysfunctional family consisting of a paraplegic and impotent father, sexually frustrated mother and their strange and sexually curious girl child.

See also

Ionesco was 11 when she began filming "Maladolescenza" in 1976, but she had breasts that appeared to be enhanced. Her co-star, Lara Wendel, also had breasts that seemed too large for an 11-year-old. Both actresses were born in 1965. L'Immoralita is a film that is difficult to pigeon hole into one 'type' of film, but suffice to say it's an entertaining and well worked thriller with enough substance to satisfy most viewers, providing they can stomach the sometimes uncomfortable tone of the movie. Almost everything about the film really is rather detestable and as such the characters are hard to care for; making watching the film akin to watching a car crash at times. The film begins with a scene that sees a man carrying the body of a dead girl before burying her, and then being pursued by a bunch of people with guns. This man turns out to be Federico; a murderer and paedophile, wanted for killing children. Wounded, he bumps into a young girl who he befriends after she offers him shelter. The girl lives with her parents; the mother, lauded as the town slut, and her dilapidated father who is rotting away in a wheelchair. The murderer and the child grow closer together despite the law being after him and the pair develops a friendship that is shattered when the mother discovers the sheltered criminal. The director was interested in making a thriller - this aspect of the film is emphasized by the gangsters and the policeman who are out to get the child molester. But they came across as too cheesy. Their roles were ill conceived. The film works better as an intense drama with strong sexual elements. i'll never quite be able to fathom what the state of mind was like in the 70's, particularly in Italy (the origin of this film). i'm simply left speechless when i see a film like this. not that it was good. it was downright sleazy, and altogether badly done. but what concerns me here is the film's content.

The conversations between the small girl and her father in which they refer to nature and animals offers some clues to the films themes. When the father says every action has a reaction, the girl responds, saying she understands - "it is like punishment at school, the worse the crime the harsher the punishment" This response foreshadows the film's ending. You won't find a specific date of birth for Karin Trentephol, or much of anything else about her. It's generally thought that this is not the girl's real name. With no further credits it's hard to be sure though. I decided to take 13 as the best figure for her age because of a quote from either director Massimo Pirri or Lisa Gastoni (who played the mother), don't remember which, that said she was 12 when she auditioned for the part and 13 during filming. I didn't save the article however and can't find it now. Unless you can figure out who she really is it's a guessing game. She was probably 13 but could've been as young as 10 or 11 for all we know. Just because Eva Ionesco and Lara Wendel were physically mature for their age (which was documented in several court cases so the dates you see on IMDb are legit) that doesn't mean anything was done to them. It happens. Every school, everywhere, has a few girls like that, I certainly remember two or three from my own elementary school days. These two actresses were chosen because they were early bloomers. Otherwise two different girls would've gotten the roles instead.

No Results

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment