276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beware of Chicken: A Xianxia Cultivation Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While there, the old Monster that was Shen Yu had decided that the fox’s lair was the perfect place to train Bi De for the journey ahead… and Nezan had taken it upon himself to aid Yun Ren and Ri Zu.

Gou Ren shrugged. “I can afford it. I got my cut of the cash for the harvest. It's shitloads of money… more than I kind of know what to do with.”

This wiki exists as a reference for the BoC Community. The discussion largely happens on the comments of the serial itself and on the patreon discord, but you're welcome to browse and join in here as long as you follow the... It expected pain. The ripping tearing sensation. Like a beaten dog, it cringed and cowered, trying to escape from the agony that was sure to come. Yet it could not move. All it could do was endure.

I'm having a really hard time describing this, even in my head. It's an isekai story, though only barely. We learn early that the protagonist is from our world, but few details beyond that he's familiar with Xianxia stories and feels like he is in one. Which allows him to hang a giant nope sign on the future he's currently on and find somewhere to live quietly on his own farm.

The next cycle it happened again. And again. And again. And each and every cycle, the warmth lay upon the wound, building a tiny, miniscule bridge. Trying to seal one of the rents.

It surrounded the little ball of Qi, stopping most of its hungry growth. It was partially suppressed, and stored to be examined later. While he works on the farm by planting rice and building himself a small house, he meets the locals in the nearby town as well as people and animals coming out of the nearby forest. He wants a quiet life, but things don't go quite that way. An enormous set of rapids dominated the pass, the churning river disgorging a thundering cascade that would flow down into the distant Pale Moon Lake. The ground started filled with the lush green grasses of the Azure Hills, before transitioning to a more desolate landscape of pines and craggy boulders bigger than the largest buildings squatting along the pass like silent guardians. Indeed. The training of our teachers was certainly… intense,” Fa Bi De replied, feeling his own body twinge in sympathy to Yun Ren’s shudders. Look at my little brother. All grown up and bein’ a man, learnin’ how to take care of his own farm.” Yun Ren wiped an imaginary tear from his eye, Gou Ren snorted in response.

The key thing this book does right is that it focuses on what fantasy as a genre offers when at it's at its best; wonder and joy. The plot, while being a fun twist on the genre, was not very interesting to me. There was barely any action, barely any drama, and the characters weren't interesting. Being a comedy and little else, it all came down to the humor. This book reminds me so much of some of my favourite anime series. As a matter of fact, I could see this being turned into a really popular anime. Did I mention I really liked the story and think you should read it ? Because I do and you should. Or maybe I'll use reverse psychology and tell you to not read to story under any circumstance, and that doing so would make me really not happy. And… well , I like it here. Jin is cool with me hanging around, and Meimei is too. I’ve got my own house already, and even if I’m not the Master of my own land yet, it’s still a good place to live.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment