276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lighter: Let Go of the Past, Connect with the Present, and Expand The Future

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The doctored log book which also noted the “low spirits” of the men and stopped clock are fact, as was the discovery of a set of oilskins apparently not worn, despite the reported storm, according to information shared by the National Maritime Museum ( www. As we grow stronger and expand our self-awareness, it’s our responsibility—and also part of the healing journey—to take actions to support the health and harmony of all people. It's New Year's Eve, 1972, when a boat pulls up to the Maiden Rock lighthouse with relief for the keepers.

That’s the inspiration but Emma Stonex imagines her own set of events and characters and it is absolutely addictive, often very creepy and with some beautiful writing. How all this came about and how it played out in the tragedy of the disappearance I will leave for readers to discover for themselves. The Lamplighters is a richly-atmospheric and stunning historical mystery inspired by a haunting true story, a gorgeous and atmospheric novel about the mysterious disappearance of three lighthouse keepers from a remote tower miles from the Cornish coast—and about the wives who were left behind. The result is a multi layered novel that fuses atmosphere and mystery with personal and societal psychology.A good read for new collectors (to get an overview) and people who do not collect but are interested in the topic. This was a gloomy book, but I did enjoy the descriptions of lighthouse life, the descriptions of the sea and the weather and the mystery was engaging.

The 1972 period explores the inner thoughts of the three light keepers and slowly reveals their individual personalities, backstories and interactions with each other and their wives and girlfriends. We also, and I enjoyed this, learn about how the men lived, worked, the setup of their living spaces. The storylines blended together seamlessly and the ending caught me off guard and provided a satisfying conclusion that not a lot of mysteries tend to give. What really got on my nerves in the first half, however, was the constant – or really very frequent – hinting at dark secrets that would only be revealed in the second half of the book.

However, there is no lack of alternative theories – ranging from suggestions of a “double-homicide-and-suicide” to alien abduction. And out of the swell like a finger of light, the salt-scratched tower stands lonely and magnificent.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment