276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sketchbooks

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A first-time collection of Grayson Perry’s sketches, Sketchbooks follows the evolution of his career from art school to the present day. If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive.

For security, and to protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Where you elect to do so, you accept that you grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence (at our sole discretion) to publish and use all such content (or any part of it, which may be edited, cropped or otherwise modified by us at our discretion) in any way and at any time on the site. Antenne Books began by working with publishers Aki Books, Hassla, Nieves, Seems and The Institute of Social Hypocrisy, introducing retailers to publications that had, until then, rarely been available in Europe.A sketchbook is a place where I can discuss ideas with myself, a place I work through and refine an idea for a good while before I will let it run around the studio, and then the world. Unfortunately is most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site. They understood that students would often choke when laying out their ideas in a larger, more finished form. Perry’s drawings are beautifully detailed, essentially a colour study of the final product, you would definitely know what you would get from one of these drawings.

Antenne Books was realised as a distribution platform against this background, initiated to support the large growth of these emerging publishers, who at the time had limited means to distribute their work using traditional models of book distribution.

Between the covers I feel safe – the drawings need never be seen by anyone but me – and thus I can play. Like one of my artistic heroes, 40:492" title=""40:492" title="">40:492"40:492" title="">Henry Darger, I often heavily worked both sides of each leaf, with no thought as to how I might display – let alone sell – these works. Copyright in non-photographic images and video material on the site belongs to various owners and permission to reproduce or use any such image or video material must first be obtained from Antenne Books.

MISC If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from that clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. Throughout these sketchbooks there is a common theme of detailed work, carefully considered but bright colour palettes.Antenne Books is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information we collect about you lawfully. Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.

Bringing together his favourites for the first time and showing some of the finished works that result from these initial drawings, the result is a rich, beautiful book perfect for those who want to know more about an artist’s creative process. I have to feel I have developed an idea enough before committing to the labour-intensive version – beginning with postage stamp-size doodles, through to double page full-colour layouts that may take several hours.It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use. Also available are titles from major artist book publishers Printed Matter, Patrick Remy, Tarmac and InOtherWords and magazines from Heavy Traffic, Mousse, Real Review, Al Hayya, Luncheon, BUTT and Dirty Magazine. I drew less and less on paper – I usually worked directly onto the pots, with no preparatory drawings at all. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment