276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Companero Ron Panama Extra Anejo Rum 70cl 54% ABV With Gift Box

£15.5£31.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Companero Extra Anejo Rum is a rum brand owned by 1423 Worldclass Spirits. The spirit was distilled in Panama (at an undisclosed distillery) and is sold in Canada through the LCBO . It is also the rum featured in the number 1 slot in the company’s 2020 24 Days of Rum – The Original Rum Tasting Box Rum advent calendar. Heavy Bodied sweet rum full of chocolate flavour. I like the rum, but I am annoyed that the spirit is labeled as a extra anejo rum; but it seems obvious that the spirit has been flavoured and sweetened. I suspect it should properly be labeled as a flavoured rum. There is no obvious oakiness which would indicate of 12 years of aging, although perhaps the chocolate allows the rum to hide its age. Getting under the chocolate, we can taste lots of butterscotch sweetness, hints of vanilla and orange peel. In The Throat 13/15

Very loosely we may put my scores into terms that you may be familiar with on a Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal scale as follows: The moment you take a long hard lingering smell of Compañero, it immediately transports you to a chocolate utopia, the aroma is that sublime. The chocolate experience continues in the taste as well as the smell, because drank neat your taste buds are treated to a ton of chocolate notes, making this rum simply delicious. And if all that isn’t enough for you, then the chocolate goodness continues long into the after taste as well. As for the alcohol burn, well that’s pretty much minimal. In Compañero you get a drink that glides down your throat with silky smoothness, making it very enjoyable, either as a sipping rum, or a long drink. Me personally, I prefer it mixed with Coca-Cola, because at 54% VOL, it’s a tad too potent for my liking. Which is a real shame, because had it been closer to 40% VOL, then I’m absolutely positive I’d be describing Compañero Panama as neigh on perfect. Nose: Chocolate Chocolate and more Chocolate! Sweet rather than dry. Hints of Orange peel and vanilla and perhaps a dusting of oak spice but all of these are overwhelmed by the chocolate. Did I mention Chocolate. In the Mouth 49/100

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment