276°
Posted 20 hours ago

365 Bedtime Stories (Gift Books)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Disney died of lung cancer in Burbank, California, on December 15, 1966. The following year, construction began on Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. His brother Roy Disney inaugurated the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971. According to one of the "Tommy Tumbleweed" stories, Canada has no zoos. The oldest zoo in Canada was established in 1918. I'll be charitable and say the author was working from outdated references. What are you up to? dwarf Sven asked his friend dwarf Steve, who was making snowballs and piling them up into a neat little heap. I’m collecting snowballs, Steve replied. And what are you going to do with them? asked Sven inquisitively. I’m making a snowball trap for giants. As a child of the 1960s who owned this book I do have to say that it's a decidedly satisfying nostalgia read. urn:lcp:disney365bedtime0000unse:epub:8ca22306-29ad-4fc4-8658-8bfacf62ce23 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier disney365bedtime0000unse Identifier-ark ark:/13960/s20xmfdvhbb Invoice 1652 Isbn 9781423199557

While many books have an individual story for each day, in this book the stories are all somehow linked to the families on Trufflescootums Boulevard (aka "What A Jolly Street"), which is a cul-de-sac across from a school, with a little grocery on the corner, up against a sizable creek, with farmland and an orchard right near. Some of the stories, while complete, have a "to be continued" feel that spreads over a few days or an even longer time (one "mystery" lasts months), which gives the book as a whole surprising depth, IMHO. This is a time when spaghetti is an exotic food and all the moms are homemakers and it's very much another era, yet many of the lessons and activities shown are timeless.Ocr tesseract 5.0.0-1-g862e Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 1.0000 Ocr_module_version 0.0.15 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA-NS-1200356 Openlibrary_edition Condition: Very Good. 1st ed. Former library book; may include library markings. Used book that is in excellent condition. May show signs of wear or have minor defects. The stories are exactly what you would expect from Disney stories. Some are funny, some are sweet, and some and a little quirky.

Which did not bother my child-self at all (I just assumed the artist wasn't accurate), while my adult self sees the location as so idyllic and unreal I can still see it as such a mixed-race neighborhood despite the 1950s midwest setting. Heh. The Watsons' pet monkey (why is the author fascinated with that stupid monkey?) is a retired organ grinder's monkey. NYC banned organ grinders in 1936. Aunt Kate gave this to Teddy at last New Year's Fidler Family book party - this was a childhood favorite of hers and my mom's. urn:lcp:365bedtimestorie00gilb:epub:2eecc6bf-2c1d-479e-9a89-e471c2aeb0d5 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier 365bedtimestorie00gilb Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t6sx74j2b Lccn 55039147 Ocr ABBYY FineReader 8.0 Ocr_converted abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.20 Ocr_module_version 0.0.16 Openlibrary_edition It was snowing. The blue tit sat on a twig in the shelter of a fir tree and stared out at the falling snow. I wish it were spring, she sighed, and shook the snow from her feathers. But winter is fantastic! piped up the cheeky sparrow.

Reading to your child can be great fun and especially so at bedtime when it can be a delightful ritual enjoyed by parents and children alike. These 365 bedtime stories contain enough reading material for an entire year, providing a short, amusing, exciting or surprising story to read aloud at bedtime and help your child fall asleep. From fairy tales, ghost stories, animal adventures to episodes based on childrens' normal, day-to-day activities, there is something to suit every taste and guarantee a year full of pleasant dreams! Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2022-03-16 10:26:12 Boxid IA40391305 Camera Sony Alpha-A6300 (Control) Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier

What are you looking for? An owl, sitting in the tree and waiting for nightfall, opened his eyes and blinked in the winter sun. I’m looking for the nuts that I buried somewhere around here in the autumn, replied Fuzzy. I’m sure they’re under the big oak tree, said the owl, and yawned. During the night there had been a heavy snowfall. Before Oliver’s mum could drive him to playschool, she first needed to shovel the snow away from her car. Oliver gave her a hand. With the broom, he swept the bumpers clear. They’d soon got rid of the snow. Mum turned the key in the ignition, but the car didn’t start. Mum sighed and tried again. But nothing happened. How am I going to get to playschool? asked Oliver sadly. I’ve got an idea, said Mum. She climbed out of the car to bring the sledge out of the garage. On you climb, young man! she said cheerfully. Today, Mum’s taxi is a sledge. S.St. 12 January Looking for winter supplies Spaghetti is a weird ethnic food that children don't like, in one story set in June. About a month later one of the children declares that spaghetti and meatballs is her favorite dinner. Written years apart, pre- and post-Chef Boyardee? Read along as Woody and the gang go on a campout, Cinderella tells her mouse friends a bedtime story, Pooh and Piglet have a best-friend sleepover, Pongo puts his puppies to bed, and more. With 365 stories, bedtime has never been so much fun !Jonathan wrapped his warm scarf tightly round him and looked out at the sea. He did this every day. Even in winter. He loved to watch the ships sailing by. Hey! You! Baffled, Jonathan peered into the water. Who should be swimming there but a little mermaid! Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth In November, there are two stories for Veteran's Day, one of which is clearly an Armistice Day story with a couple lines added for Veteran's Day. This is the only reference to WWII in the entire book, and elsewhere WWI is called "The World War". Read along as Woody and the gang go on a campout, Cinderella tells her mouse friends a bedtime story, Pooh and Piglet have a best-friend sleepover, Pongo puts his puppies to bed, and more. With 365 stories, bedtime has never been so much fun! Charlene Taylor and the Online Distributed Proofreading Team at https: //www.pgdp.net (This file was produced from images generously made available by The Internet Archive/American Libraries.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment